Pace 2200 No Signal

DaveW

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK I know there have been a number of posts on this subject. But thought I would just try to gather some further info.

I have two of these PACE boxes both showing the same fault. They both appear to show something like 50% signal strength when pointed to the Astra sat. But I get zero signal quality. When moving the dish slightly 'off beam' the signal strength dips by about 5%, but I always get quite alot showing on the signal strength meter even if its not 'looking' at Astra...

Now I checked the tuner and it doesn't appear to be one of the older 'ZIF' style tuners (that are mentioned as often faulty), its one of the newer smaller type.

Anyone got any more ideas as to what else this could be ?

cheers
Dave

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
The Zif tuner was used in the later 2200 models. It can be identified by looking inside box, it's a pcb about business card size plain green on one side,multipin IC and screened box with holes about the size of a postage stamp.

Sounds like this is your problem.:)

DaveW

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In reply - I'm pretty sure its not the tuner, as the units I have are of the newer (Non ZIF) type. Don't suppose anyone out there knows what actually goes wrong in these tuners do they ?

Dave