Pace 2200 Poor Reception On Xtra Tv's

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Panasonic Sky Digi box model no: TU-DSB30 for viewing purposes (no movies) & a DELL dimension 4600 computer system with Windows XP & AOL 9 (Broadband)
My Location
UK
Hi there,
Please help someone!! We just had a Pace 2200 satellite Digibox installed yesterday in replacement of our burnt out but much loved Panasonic (which was almost 10 years old) - The reception on the main TV in the living room with the Pace 2200, is fine but as with the Panasonic, we had it tuned into 3 additional televisions throughout the house without any problems with poor reception or snowy screen, but with the Pace 2200 the reception on all the other TV's is pretty non-existent, very snowy & darn right unwatchable!!
Is this because the Pace has a weaker signal or do I need to add an additional connection as we have all the cables connected to a booster anyway!!
Can anyone advise before I ring Sky again!!!!!
Many Thanks
Simona)(-red

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A poor RF signal out of the box is nothing to do with signal reception from the dish.

If you connect the lead from output 2 on the digibox direct to the TV, is the signal good on all channels on the TV?

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Panasonic Sky Digi box model no: TU-DSB30 for viewing purposes (no movies) & a DELL dimension 4600 computer system with Windows XP & AOL 9 (Broadband)
My Location
UK
Hi, receiving no picture...with output 2 direct to tv (no scart cable connected either.) Not good???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't sound good, is output 1 the same?

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
A poor RF signal out of the box is nothing to do with signal reception from the dish.

If you connect the lead from output 2 on the digibox direct to the TV, is the signal good on all channels on the TV?

Hi, receiving no picture...with output 2 direct to tv (no scart cable connected either.) Not good???:-rofl2

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Doesn't sound good, is output 1 the same?

Yes output 1 is the same - When I connected the Pace 2200 to the TV via scart cable, & no additional cables, the picture on the main TV is perfect - But it is the TV's in the likes of my bedroom, kitchen, office etc; which all still has a very snowy, unwatchable reception & these are the rooms where we watch the sky TV the most - The other TV's worked fine with the Panasonic digibox which makes me think that there must be some correct combination of wires that I don't know about!! Can you help??? Could it be my cables or connections perhaps??
I'm desperate to fix it as it took over a week to get the new box which is now also inhibiting viewing!!!
Awaiting your reply
Spencer
icon13.gif

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If an RF cable direct from the digibox to the TV doesn't work, then it isn't going to work any better when run through an amplifier.

The correct cable connections would be from aerial socket to digibox, then from digibox to TV and return lead to amplifier.

Try the lead from the wall in the TV, to make sure that there is a signal going into the digibox in the first place.

The original digibox may well have had the rf channel moved to avoid interference, have you tried retuning one of the TVs to find the signal from the new box?

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
If an RF cable direct from the digibox to the TV doesn't work, then it isn't going to work any better when run through an amplifier.

The correct cable connections would be from aerial socket to digibox, then from digibox to TV and return lead to amplifier.

Try the lead from the wall in the TV, to make sure that there is a signal going into the digibox in the first place.

The original digibox may well have had the rf channel moved to avoid interference, have you tried retuning one of the TVs to find the signal from the new box?

Yes, I have tried to tune the television in the bedroom last night, but it made no difference to the snowy picture - Only thing is, it is not the original remote-control for the television but one of those one - for - all remote-control's, as I misplace the original one - I thought it was just a case of looking up the model of the TV in the instruction manual , getting the code and keying it in, to tune the television - Am I correct or should I tune it manually?
Furthermore, there must be a receiving signal as the main television is receiving full SKY CONTENTS as before, and has a crystal clear picture, it is in the extensions that are causing the problems - That's why I know there is definitely a problem because before with the Panasonic Digibox, all the TV's in every room were crystal clear with a good signal. It is probably something quite simple, well I am hoping so because it's driving me crazy - To make matters worse the Sky Tech did not even have the decency to leave me a when we User manual for the Pace 2200, let alone checking that the other TV's were working properly in the other rooms and receiving a signal!!.
Sorry to be a pain but your help is greatly appreciated

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Firstly if that is a replacement box from Sky, you have been done up, it is a very old box, get them to change it for a recent model.

The logical way to test this is:

Take a coax lead from the main aerial point into your main TV, see if you get a good picture from the terrestrial channels.

Now try it looped though the digibox, if there is a bad picture on the terrestrial channels, the box needs slinging back to sky. (demand a new one for the inconvenience)

If the pictures are good on the terrestrial channels when looped out from the digibox to the main TV, then at least the loopthrough is working. If the picture from the digibox is bad, try disconnecting from the main aerial and see if that improves it, if it does, then you need to change the output channels, if it doesn't, then the box needs slinging back to Sky.

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Firstly if that is a replacement box from Sky, you have been done up, it is a very old box, get them to change it for a recent model.

The logical way to test this is:

Take a coax lead from the main aerial point into your main TV, see if you get a good picture from the terrestrial channels.

Now try it looped though the digibox, if there is a bad picture on the terrestrial channels, the box needs slinging back to sky. (demand a new one for the inconvenience)

If the pictures are good on the terrestrial channels when looped out from the digibox to the main TV, then at least the loopthrough is working. If the picture from the digibox is bad, try disconnecting from the main aerial and see if that improves it, if it does, then you need to change the output channels, if it doesn't, then the box needs slinging back to Sky.
Excuse my ignorance, but where is the loopthrough?? You know I probably was done by Sky because I demanded a new free box as our last one was 10 years old & well burnt out (but had done us proud) & when I phoned Sky they said I could not avoid the £75 call out charge which I refused to pay because I have a loyal customer for over 10 years - Eventually they agreed to give me a free box/call out charge which is probably why they gave me an inferior box, typical!!!
Awaiting your reply

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The loopthrough is the Aerial in and out on the Sky digibox.

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
The loopthrough is the Aerial in and out on the Sky digibox.
Ok, thanks for that I will try what you said & get back to you.
Many many Thanks
icon14.gif

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
SIMISWORKSHOP said:
Ok, thanks for that I will try what you said & get back to you.
Many many Thanks
icon14.gif

YEAH!!!!Thanks to your easy to follow instructions, let alone patience, IT WORKS!!!!!
icon11.gif

Thank Goodness & thank you so very very much!!
Could NOT have done it without your help!!
Kindest Regards
icon10.gif

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well done, that should make for a quiet weekend then. ;)

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Well done, that should make for a quiet weekend then. ;)
Sure will thanks to u:p