Pace 2200 (Tuner)

DaveW

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Folks-

Am interested in any information people might have on repairing the tuners in these Sky boxes (Pace 2200). I have a couple of units, both I think have faulty tuners - they are of the later (newer, Non-ZIF) variety.

cheers
dw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

DaveW

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Rolf - Yep I'm aware of Martin and Satcure,have spoken to him on a couple of occasions. The info he supplies is of great quality but there is no mention of what's actually involved in repairing these tuners..

He does give valuable info on how to replace them though.

What I was more interested in though was some actual technical info on what actually fails in these tuners..

dw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, sorry, didn't realise you were talking about a physical repair of the unit, haven't seen anything detailing this I'm afraid.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I've got a Pace 2200 service manual. If it's any use, I can check to see if it has the circuit diagram for your tuner. Off the top of my head, I think it has the circuit for the ZIF tuner but maybe there is some information on other tuners. I've also got a 2500 service manual but I don't know if this uses the same tuner as your later version of the 2200.

DaveW

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks matey -

I have the manual for the 2200, but thanks for the offer. I didn't realise there was a diagram of the tuner in there - I will have to check again.