Pace 3100 problem

Phil33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 3100
My Location
France
Hello,
I am new here so if this is posted in the wrong place please forgive me.

My sky + pace 3100 box has developed a fault. After moving I unpacked the box ( still had original packing ) and plugged it in. The red light on the front came on and after 2-3 mins I pressed the SKY button on the remote. Problem is it will not go out of standby mode the light stays red and will not go green. I have noticed other boxes with this fault being sold on Ebay and wondered if this is a terminal fault or if there is something i can do to clear it or fix it. Any help would be valuable.

Regards

Phil

Phil33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 3100
My Location
France
Ohhh I forgot to add I was going to set up the system so the dish is not yet aligned. I needed the box turned on to get the signal to set up the dish. I could sure do with some help and input please.

Phil33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 3100
My Location
France
Hello again......I still need some help on this question as my choice is, at the moment, to buy another box from England and then find I cant get the signal or fix this one.

Regards

Phil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the box won't come out of standby, then there is nothing much you can do, it may be hard disk fault, but there are many other things which may be wrong. you can get them repaired, but I don't think there are many DIY options. You can buy a new one on ebay for very little money.

Almost wherever you are in France, you shouldn't have a problem getting a signal if you have a clear line of sight and a dish of up to 80cm.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Maybe if you are technical,you can unplug the hard drive and then see if it comes on.

Phil33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 3100
My Location
France
Thank you for the input, I will try the hard drive tomorrow.

Regards

Phil

Phil33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 3100
My Location
France
Hello all,

Glad to report my Pace 3100 box is now fixed . Had a local dish installer fit an 80 cm dish for me and set up to Astra 2d. did factory reset on the box,and forced a download and it all came back. Green light on as soon as remote pressed and all Sky + services and channels available. So if your in the mountains in the Auverne in France the reception is great. Thanks all again for your input.

Phil