Pace Box Problems

L

lee1979

First of all Hi to all as i am new to this board!
I have got a Pace Sky Digibox and every now and then when changing channels it go's into interactive, has anyone else had this problem?
also When I change/scan channels it tends to have a delay which I have noticed on a few friends box's (Pannasonic & Grundig) seem to change a lot faster,
Thanks in advance,
Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Common problem Lee, my Pace 2500 used to do it, although I haven't seen it happen just recently, it's just a problem with the software.

The newer digiboxes will normally be faster than the older ones, so that may be the difference with your friends' digiboxes.

Rolf

L

lee1979

Yes my box is getting old now as I have been with Sky Digital since the very begining (a £200 sucker for new technology) :-)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That must have hurt Lee, I have passed on my old first generation Amstrad to my sister, but it is very slow. You could always try getting a new box on a new installation, as you haven't already benefitted from the interactive discount they may allow it.

Rolf

L

lee1979

Sounds like a good idea although I was thinking of trying Sky+ but i think that this time I will wait for a free box as even I don't think that it is worth £300 + £50 for install + £10 a month(£470 for the first year of it) + £30 a month for my subscription = £830!!!
I think I'll try your Idea as the box was installed at my old address and I'll get a new box from here and start a new subscription and sell my old slow box (anyone know the going rate for a second hand Digibox and dish?
Thanks,
Lee :-)
P.s how much do you have to pay for a new digibox Install Now?

Pay £1 for standard installation when you purchace Sky World + Family Pack on line now, Offer ends 30.04.02.

Check it out at:- http://www1.sky.com/skycomHome/getsky/