Pace MSS500 Motor problems - Help!

We recently redecorated our house, and today after coming back I realised to my horror that the painting guy disconnected my Pace MSS500 (used as positioner only) and reconnected it in (possibly the wrong way).

When I tried to switch to another satellite, the dish moved all the way to the east limit and stayed there. When I try to move it back, I get 'Motor Error' or 'Motor Overloaded'. (Is that the end of it?)

Now, I didn't have a record of what cable went where, so is it possible for someone to explain where I have to reconnect the motor? Its cable is a standard 'power' cable, with 4 other cables -

Pace has on the back - 2x MOT, Reed, GDN, a line resembling a pulse, 5V, and 2x MAG.

Can someone explain what each one is used for? I think I have a classic 24V motor. Also I thought 24v motors had +,- polarities. The 2 MOT outputs though do not mention a polarity...

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The two thick wires are for the motor power and ground, try both ways, two of the others are for the pulse, do you also have a magnetic polariser on the LNB?

Hi, thanks for the reply,

The problem is the cable is as I said a standard power cable, i.e. all the smaller cables are the same (ground, blue, brown, black), so first of all I don't know which of them are used as the motor ones.

Is there someone who knows exactly what the PACE positioner outputs are?

And finally, what is a magnetic polariser?

Cheers

rolfw said:
The two thick wires are for the motor power and ground, try both ways, two of the others are for the pulse, do you also have a magnetic polariser on the LNB?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, look at it the other way, go to the motor and look at the connections at that end, two will be to the 24/36v terminals and the other two to the sensor. Sorry, from your initial description, it sounded like there were six elements to the cable
a standard 'power' cable, with 4 other cables
The different coloured cables could be connected to any of the terminals, so checking is a must.