Pace Prima

M

Mel

I have just been given an analogue Pace Prima Decoder & installed it on the astra sat, it works fine, but can only watch free to air, ok if your German! does it accept cams, would a viewing card be worth getting hold of? any info on this model of decoder ( what i can do, and can`t do with it) would be appreciated.
signed, a new user with first sat dish.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
CAMs are digital only. So an analogue revceiver can by definition not accept a CAM.

In the UK this Pace Prima was/is one of the cheaper receivers popular amongst Sky (analogue) subscribers. It has a built-in Videocrypt decoder (the encryption system used by Sky for their analogue services). But whether you want to (or even still CAN) subscribe to Sky analogue now is questionable - they are set to end analogue tranmissions by mid-2001 (and the date keeps being brought forward...)

There are other non-German channels you can receive though. Eg CNN, Sky-News, Eurosport, various shopping & travel channels, Channel-5 (soft encrypted in Videocrypt - hence no card required - just the videocrypt decoder itself), and more. And next to German & English there are others too.
Check out the analogue transponder listings at Lyngsat or Satcodx (see links section).

There's a bit of info on the Pace Prima here:
http://www.visionsat.demon.co.uk/pages/Products.htm

2old

garga pista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien SHD-8900, Amiko Ampulse WiFi, Nokia D-box
Dishes:Astra19,2-HotBird-Intelsat/Thor
My Location
Hungary
Hi!

Does somebody know how to opetate the ext.switch with the prima?
In the installation menu (where you set up channel audio,name,etc...) there's this feature. But what type of sitch could be operated with this function? It seneds through the scart socket a sign?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It would have been for an external decoder (D2mac type or similar) A completely useless function now. :D

garga pista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hungary
I thought it's for 0/12V or magn.polariser :D

garga pista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hungary
Yesterday I've tryed it, and it wokrs with a 0/12Voltage switch :D
On the decoder socket, in the frist line, the 6th line is for control the switch ( and in the menu the ext.switch)

jasonlong75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, FTA HD @ 28 East, Astra 1 FTA @ 19.2 East, Hotbird FTA @ 13 East. Packard Bell Desktop PC with Mobile Broadband (T-Mobile)
My Location
Blackwood, South East Wales
i still got my pace prima stored in my attic, i got it in 1997 to replace a Nokia SAT 1500 that kept breaking down, The picture and sound that it gave us was excellent, even better than the old analogue transmissions that the Wenvoe Transmitter gave me.