Pace TDS470N box help!

adrianjadams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace v3 sky +
My Location
Surrey
Hi there,

I recently got a Pace470N box off Ebay and installed it myself (as live in new block of flats with shared dish and quad LN:cool:. I used to have a Thomson digibox with no reception issues at all. Now with the Pace box, I get every channel except the BBC channels - no satellite signal is received message is shown. However they do sometimes display OK (but then disappear again if I change channels. I can access the regional BBC1 channels with no problem at all. Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
adrianjadams said:
Now with the Pace box, I get every channel except the BBC channels - no satellite signal is received message is shown. However they do sometimes display OK (but then disappear again if I change channels
It is 7 hours since you posted so I suspect people are just as confused by your post as I am.
So you do not have to scan for the missing channels to re-appear?
So which channels exactly go awol are they as per this list on lyngsat
But then you say
adrianjadams said:
I can access the regional BBC1 channels with no problem at all. Can anyone help with this problem?

So please state the channel names, frequencies and or transponder numbers of the ones that are OK and then ones that are not. It may be something like DECT telephone interference or your lnb beginning to fail, cable insulation failing, so many things but the information is vague

adrianjadams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace v3 sky +
My Location
Surrey
Hi Topper,

Thanks for the reply. To clarify my problem, the channels are always in the EPG but when I try to view them the dreaded 'no satellite signal is received' message appears. If I change to another channel and then go back to a problematic channel, it sometimes displays perfectly. Then if I change channel and go back again I get the no signal message again.

The channels in question are BBC1 London, BBC2, BBC 3, BBC 4 and BBC News 24. All other channels are absolutely OK with no problems at all (such as ITV, Channel 4 , Sky One, E4, Discovery etc). All BBC1 regional channels (such As BBC1 South-West) are fine as well. From looking at the Lyngsat list, looks like all problem channels are on 10773 H, transponder 45. I am confused as sometimes they work OK, sometimes I get the no satellite signal message....

Does this help you pin down the problem?

Thanks

Adrian

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
if you got box of flee bay then proberly the box hasnt been conected to a dish for awhile and will need the software updateing
connect every thing up as normal pull the power lead out of the sky box and push in the back up button and keep it pressed in push power lead back in still pressing the back up button then wait till all the lights on the front of receiver came on once the lights are on let go of the back up button and wait
on the tv screen it should say dont touch updateing software after about 10 minns all the lights will go out and screen message will go of switch receiver back on software should now be updated

adrianjadams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace v3 sky +
My Location
Surrey
I'll try this aba and will let you know the outcome. Thanks!

adrianjadams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace v3 sky +
My Location
Surrey
As per this thread, i did the 10 minute reset trick and the problem of not receiving BBC channels is still tehre. I swapped to old digibox and all channels are absolutely fine.

COuld it be a tuner problem on the Pace sky plus box?

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
I've had exactly the same problem, and the cause is in the multiswitch distribution serving the flats. My Sky+ works perfectly in Spain, but here in Kent it shows no signal on all 2D channels. I have an older Panasonic 30 which gets all the missing channels. I'm going to call the company which installed the multiswitch tomorrow (Monday) and will let you know what they say. It can only be the multiswitch, the cabling or the wallplate. Other flats nearer the top of the building have no problem.

adrianjadams

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace v3 sky +
My Location
Surrey
how interesting, very interested to hear what happens on this. do keep me posted....