pak sat 1r united kingdom Birmingham ?

Desitv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Hi
It is possible to get pak sat 1r in united kingdom birmingham ? which dish size i need to get pak sat 1r united kingdom Birmingham .dish size 3m 4m or 5m.
over 57 channels free to air

_http://www.lyngsat.com/Paksat-1R.html

thanks

[warning]Live External Link disabled in accordance with Forum Rules[/warning]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've not seen any reports of success >> 30dBW requires 3.3m dish for C Band: But even if the actual strength is a little less than that, the required dish size will increase dramatically.

Also, you need Planning Permission for any dish exceeding 1m ........................ It is no easy matter to conceal a 3m+ dish if you were to go a more clandestine route.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I think Paksat 1R is a lot easier to get than the old Paksat. If I remember correct Aceb could receive it with a 1.8m dish.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I dont think Vipersan has had any luck with 1R with his modified best part of 3m dish a bit further north in Manchester. If you want guearnteed reception you are probably looking at a dish around 4m in size.

And you aint going to get planning permission for that in the Birmingham area unless you have friends in high places.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I think Paksat 1R is a lot easier to get than the old Paksat. If I remember correct Aceb could receive it with a 1.8m dish.

In which case I'm sure he'll confirm .............. but he's on the South Coast (of England!), not in Birmingham.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
hi -
myself and - pride 21 - have had very limited results from paksat --
"vipersans " view of this sat is blocked by a tree -- likewise "Aceb "
see here - http://www.satellite...8e/page__st__30
as "tivu" and "A.S." said you are going to need a very large dish to stand any chance of regular reception.

regards nelson.b.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Desitv - which channels are you interested in? may Indian channels are available on web stream so that might be a better solution.

If you want a proper full satellite service then the answer is to get family or friends to slingbox a satellite service to you via broadband

Desitv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Thanks mate all the reply me back