Palco channels

G

Gazzah

Are all the films on the "P" channels now in a foreign language? In the past they took it in turns and sometimes they were in english but every time i check now they are in a foreign language.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Gazzah

You should have an option on yout STB to chhose the 'soundtrack' that you want to hear.

Most films made in English currently carry an English soundtrack when they are broadcast by Palco, but not all.

Regards

W Hole

PS If you are still having problems, come back with the model of your STB and I'm sure someone will be able to give you some further guidance.

G

Gazzah

My receiver is a Echostar AD-3000IP and despite making sure that the language is set to English all Palco films are in a foreign language
:(

I do seem to have a memory problem with my receiver in that it loses channels could this same problem have something to do with why the films are not in English?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Gazza

Gazzah,
The English soundtrack is there (most of the time).
Press the button on your remote control 2nd from the left, bottom row.
It has a little speaker and ? on it.
This will allow you to select the 2nd languge with the up/down and "OK" buttons.
A lot of channels transmit the language identifier so they will default to English if you have it set as the preffered language.
Palco do not transmit the language ident so you have to select it yourself. I suppose they are just being a pain! I don't suppose you are a subscriber though ehh!!!
Bob.
Ps. This also applies to loads of other channels not just Palco.
I think you will also now find many other channels that you can watch.

N

NOVICE

Yeah, m8, Palco always carries an English soundtrack on English films on its second audio-subcarrier. Like the Telepius package ( which sometimes also carried English subtitles) it no longer lists English, giving you an automatic English soundtrack. You have to flick to the second audio subcarrier manually, m8. Takes 2 seconds.

G

Gazzah

Cheers for the help i can now get the english soundtrack. That is when i don't lose the channel, bloody echostar receiver!!!!

The other night we settled down to watch "What women want" with Mel Gibson and hey presto after about half an hour we lose the channel. There must be something wrong with the flash memory in my receiver.

As soon as the new Echostar 3600 (or at least i think its that model numer) comes out i am going to buy it to replace my existing one.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
It's out now
but if you suspect a flsh memory problem you should press your dealer or Echostar directly to fix it. It's a fundamental defect and they are in my experience not being difficult on guarantees/etc. Perhaps they are afraid of what would happen if some consumer group got hold of the story...
2old