Panasonic D30 problems

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
For the last couple of weeks,there seems to be a problem with the pan d30 digiboxes over here in Cyprus.Nearly everybody over here that has one has reported that their digibox would freeze up,blank screen or switch off and the only way to get it working again is to unplug from the mains for a few minutes,but it would hapen again after a few channel changes or going through the tv guide/menu.
Anybody else experiencind these problems,especially outside of Cyprus?

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
The Pana 30 can have problems of this nature due to overheating, the microprocessor runs very,very hot!! a recommended solution is to fit a cooling fan see-: http://www.satcure.com/tech/fan.htm

I presume in Cyprus you are experiencing high temp at this time of year, so it's a fair chance this could be your problem. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
Actually a lot of Panny owners (and others) are complaining about strange behaviour in their digiboxes since the last update of the software (to 3.2.11). Locking up seems to be the most common complaint.

See here for instance:
http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=130164

Corrigap

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
corrigap said:
Actually a lot of Panny owners (and others) are complaining about strange behaviour in their digiboxes since the last update of the software (to 3.2.11). Locking up seems to be the most common complaint.

See here for instance:
http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=130164

Corrigap

You're right,seems like they all have problems.Must be the new software.I could have made a lot of money telling these people their boxes have packed up and sold them Paces.Then again,paces might be next to misbehave.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Panasonic 30 has been doing it here in the south of Spain for the last week or so.

For me it's only when I move off I channel with low/no signal, for example flicking through some the music ones, it works fine till I come to ‘the box’ which is either a blue screen or during the day a very broken up picture (this is normal) but when I press channel up the box crashes with the green and red light on. This is exactly the same for all channels like that.

Unfortunately we don’t get channel 998 either, so today after another reset, just when I’m sitting back down after plugging the box in an it’s found its listings, I decide to scroll up to BBC1... :grrr: it immediately crashes. Luckily going to the TV Guide first gets around it, otherwise people would be really stuck.

Problem must be a lot more noticeable in Cyprus I imagine, there is only a handful of channels we don’t receive (that are worth watching that is) so learning to avoid them is easy enough, but if it were more channels it could become very annoying.

Glad I saw this here, tired some software updates the other day to no avail, since then have been waiting for an opportune moment to pester the neighbours to try it on their dish.

gensavage

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Same happening near Malaga,Costa del Sol,the box locks when trying to access C4 day or evening time,box locks,red light is on,the only way to free it is disconnect the power for a couple of minutes then reconnect

Paul

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
And today it’s fine...

Yesterday it was crashing even moving off channels that were only slightly breaking up. Today not at all, even on the worst channels that always crashed it before.

EPG is still saying 2.3.11, but it something has changed, anyone else still having problems with this box?