Panasonic Digi Box Model: Tu-dsb30

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Panasonic Sky Digi box model no: TU-DSB30 for viewing purposes (no movies) & a DELL dimension 4600 computer system with Windows XP & AOL 9 (Broadband)
My Location
UK
Hi there,
Does anyone have a diagram of how the PANASONIC DIGI BOX MODEL: TU-DSB30 should look like inside so that I can identify what the problem with my one is - I'm sure its the main circular threaded connnection at the back of the box, which has a severed connection - I have tried to solder it but not sure if there is anything wrong with it & I would really like to try & fix it myself with the help of this forum. Right now I am not receiving any signal let alone channels, which is really frustrating!!
I would really really appreciate any help from an expert!!!
KIndest Regards
Simona:p

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Not exactly sure of your problem - you mean the f-connector socket for your satellite cable?

This is an integral part of the tuner; it can't be repaired/ replaced. A new tuner will be required.

Perhaps if you could provide a picture of the connector, we can see exactly what your problem is.

Llew

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Panasonic Sky Digi box model no: TU-DSB30 for viewing purposes (no movies) & a DELL dimension 4600 computer system with Windows XP & AOL 9 (Broadband)
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Not exactly sure of your problem - you mean the f-connector socket for your satellite cable?

This is an integral part of the tuner; it can't be repaired/ replaced. A new tuner will be required.

Perhaps if you could provide a picture of the connector, we can see exactly what your problem is.

Llew
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply - It is definitely the tuner connection that has been severed - I presume there is a soldered connection from the tuner to the f-connector socket (yes it the f-connector socket for the satellite cable) well it has come away & i have tried to solder it back together & it did partially work until it came away again - I'm so frustrated!! Please help I have the the lid off the box now ready for repairing action!!:p

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The centre connection is soldered to the board in the tuner. If you resolder this back on and it still doesn't work, then you have a problem with the pinch connection in the socket. Unfortunately if that is broken, it means a new tuner I'm afraid, as the centre conductor of your cable relies on a good contact with it.

Llew

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Llew said:
The centre connection is soldered to the board in the tuner. If you resolder this back on and it still doesn't work, then you have a problem with the pinch connection in the socket. Unfortunately if that is broken, it means a new tuner I'm afraid, as the centre conductor of your cable relies on a good contact with it.

Llew
Hi there,
Thanks for that, very helpful!! Can you tell me where exactly the pinch connection is located & how is it identified - Also, It is necessary to use a screw on fconnector or can it be bypassed with the use of another connector as the actual connector is no longer attached to the box itself there is just a circular hollow hole leading to the tuner- Myself & my partner are sitting here trying to figure everything out inside the sky box - It certainly looks very complex!!
Your further assistance would be greatly appreciated.:-worship
Regards
S

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I see - the socket itself has detached from the tuner :eek:

The pinch connection is inside the socket (the centre bit).

A panel mount f-socket is a possibility, but I'm almost certain there would not be enough room for the barrel of the socket within the tuner.

Don't think Maplins do them now, could try an online search for that socket.

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Llew said:
I see - the socket itself has detached from the tuner :eek:

The pinch connection is inside the socket (the centre bit).

A panel mount f-socket is a possibility, but I'm almost certain there would not be enough room for the barrel of the socket within the tuner.

Don't think Maplins do them now, could try an online search for that socket.
Good morning, me again - you know what we found another satellite receiver in the attic, its a GRUNDIG STR 2200S VIDEOCRYPT, do you think we could use this box instead, although I think its analogue!!
Hope you can help!
Simi
icon14.gif

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes, analogue. Obsolete I'm afraid.

SIMISWORKSHOP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Yes, analogue. Obsolete I'm afraid.
Last night we had the Panasonic box working by hjolding the satellite cable into the tuner (with the box open yes I know deadly!!) & the picture was crystal clear, but then the signal just cut out & now we cant get anything at all, not even little sparks ehn the cable is held into the tuner connector - Do you think it has blown altogther, although the power still comes on!! Its driving us both crazy as we really cant afford a new box right now as we are in the expensive process of purchasing our house (things always have a way of breaking at the right time, don't they???)
Many Thanks
Simi
icon4.gif

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can pick up a used box on ebay for very little, there are loads available due to people upgrading to Sky+ and HD.