Panasonic TV launched with freesat HD built-in. A worlds first.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Panasonic has launch the worlds first Full HD TV with built in Freesat. The PZ81 series, avaliable in three screen sizes: 42", 46" and 50" will be available instore from June.

The new range of TV's (named PZ81, for all your geeks) comes in 3 different sizes 42,46 and 50 Inch. TH42PZ81 and TH46PZ81 available from June 2008, TH50PZ81 available from July 2008.

The new Panasonic TV's with Freesat built-in is not a one trick pony as they all come equipped with Panasonic’s flagship Intelligent Frame Creation System, which harnesses the computing power of the V-Real Pro 3 processor, motion compensated additional frames are created and inserted between the source frames resulting in natural frame-to-frame transitions, for smooth motion high definition images. In addition 24p Real Cinema technology ensures enhanced judder-free playback when viewing 24 frames per second material, such as that output from Panasonic Blu-ray players. The PZ81 series also features 100Hz Double Scan to ensure beautiful, flicker-less on-screen motion and an extra wide colour gamut with x.v.Colour, which produces richer, more vivid colouring from x.v.Colour signals¹

The PZ81 series are able to achieve a staggering 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio meaning that on screen blacks are true, deep, silky black and not the washed out grey that many other products suffer from. With such a dynamic range of black to white, the viewer will be immersed in the action as a more life-like image is reproduced on screen.

All Panasonic Freesat models are supplied with HD & SD Digital Satellite, SD Digital Terrestrial and SD Analogue Terrestrial Tuners with easy user navigation between Freesat, Freeview and analogue terrestrial services.

All of Panasonic’s PZ81 models benefit from an optical output for Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound output for connection to a 5.1 channel amplifier, so that viewers can enjoy a home cinema surround sound experience.

Source: .unbeatable.co.uk

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Panasonic’s Freesat IDTV Plasma’s are about to launch, and we know a number of you have been holding back on a plasma purchase until these units become available.

The 42" and 46" will be the first to launch in early June, followed by the 50" early July.

42" Panasonic TH-42PZ81 Plasma Freesat TV Full 1080p HD - £1649
46" Panasonic TH-46PZ81 Plasma Freesat TV Full 1080p HD - £1829
50" Panasonic TH-50PZ81 Plasma Freesat TV Full 1080p HD - £2599

Source: joinfreesat