Panasonic

speigel

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a cheap Panasonic B30 to replace my crappy Grundig which was forever freezing and slow. Do I have to phone up Sky to tell them I'm now using a different box.(same old card). Menus are much quicker at loading and I don't get the freezes I used to, but some channels won't load at all.
Do I need to do a software upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Speigel

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
If you are on the family pack ,those channels will work.What will not work are the sky movies and sky sports (except sky sports news).You probably will have to download the latest software,currently 1.2SF43

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
how do you go about updating the software, im just after purchacing me a B30.
cheers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just switch off at the mains, wait for 30 seconds, then whilst keeping the backup button on the receiver pressed, switch on the power at the mains. Keep the backup button depressed until all of the lights on the box flash and the receiver will update its software if a newer version is available.

If you plug the thing in and it works, don't bother updating, it will probably do it itself in time.

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Thanks rolf, yer a great help, only been here a few days & ive learnt heaps..
J

simon 2003

Reaction score
my pana dsb30 wasin loft for a while and apparently with this rx theres a problem if it hasnt had regular updates,as i cannot get it to update s/w

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
simon 2003 said:
my pana dsb30 wasin loft for a while and apparently with this rx theres a problem if it hasnt had regular updates,as i cannot get it to update s/w

what version s/w is it currently ?

portstew

Reaction score
simon 2003 said:

I have 2 panasonic 31s with the same problem. Apparently this was a fault in the software with this model. Both are stuck on 2.8 and won`t upgrade. I did find a person who could take the chips out and flash upgrade them but I have lost his name and address. Someone must know someone else who can do this rather than throw the receivers on the scrapheap. The problem is that whilst they will work perfectly as Freeview( unscrambled ) receivers they will not accept a card and so are really useless.