PAS 10 in Finland is it possible ?

satbuster

Reaction score
Hi,

I 'm new in this forum, looking for some help. I have Technisat CIVA digibox with in built Viaaccess cam and one free CI slot with 88cm dish and 0.6db lnb. I live in Helsinki(Finland). I can recieve Hotbirds clearly just need help to tune my dish for recieving PAS 10, which many think not possible to get in here. Anyways i saw some places selling Tensports channel card, thought why would they sell the card if people cann't receive satellite.

Thanks in advance for help,

cheers

SB

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
pas-10 will be virtuyally on your south easter horizon, so unless you have an ideal horizon (absolutely no trees hills buildings etc) out to the south east you can forget it. There was some discussion about this a couple of weeks ago - I think the consensus was ground noise was likely to be aproblem, & anyway you would need a a BIG dish, ISTR 5m was mentioned, although it will be in the archives if youwant the exact details.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Helsinki about 32dBW in that map, 4.5-5.0 meter dish maybe.....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Actually Helsinki is on the border of the actual footprint (right on the border). The satellite is probably at an elevation of 3-4 degrees in the city, so as to why the cards are on offer, I cannot give an answer as the signal would be available only to earth stations.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
According to the look angle calculator the satellite would be at 12.7 degrees elevation in Helsinki, pretty normal.

I used to receive Panamsat at 45 degrees at my location with elevation at 1.5 degrees, there was alot of ground noise.

Channel Hopper said:
Actually Helsinki is on the border of the actual footprint (right on the border). The satellite is probably at an elevation of 3-4 degrees in the city, so as to why the cards are on offer, I cannot give an answer as the signal would be available only to earth stations.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not according to that map its not, but if its 12 degrees then reception should not be a problem , assuming the correct dish size is used.

satbuster

Reaction score
I had calculated using given angel calculator on panamsat website.

Azimuth = 132.400971
Elevation = 12.717566

I have triax 88cm dish. i get extremely good reception of hotbirds.

Could some one tell me what are the parameters for this satellite.

e.g. symbol rate, Polarization, freq. etc.

Thanks