Cliffb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None Yet
My Location
London-ish
Hello....
Hope I am posting in the correct spot.

Bit new to all this satellite stuff...But what does a Patched TM 1500 Ci give me over a non patched one?

Is this a good box to go for?
and what size/kind of dish...I have clear sky from due south to east but next door blocks south to west, will I miss much?

thanks

Cliff

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Welcome cliff,

First off a patch will give you some scrambled channels that you might not be able to see, well worth having.

The TM-1500 ci+ is an idea box for you as it is not only one of the best around, but it's also very easy to use.

Go for at least an 80cm solid dish.

The only satellite you will miss is Hispasat at 30 west, as most of the good sats are on the the eastern side so you will not miss too much.

Cliffb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None Yet
My Location
London-ish
That sounds really good, thanks for the reply, I now look forward to buying and setting up

thanks again

Cliff

langtonbrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
85cm motorised dish
Freeview
My Location
Nr Manchester, UK
they are easy to patch so you can buy a good value unpatched version and do it yourself. als@t should help in this respect. Search around for this url...

Cliffb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None Yet
My Location
London-ish
langtonbrow said:
they are easy to patch so you can buy a good value unpatched version and do it yourself. als@t should help in this respect. Search around for this url...

Must be getting old, I couldn't find a site with patches/info....Any chance of a nudge in the right direction...

Cliffb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None Yet
My Location
London-ish
Right...Ok Got it

thanks

Cliff