Patching for beginners!

royden200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65
windows 98
My Location
carmarthenshire
what is the best and cheapest reciver to get and where is the best place to get one and has any body got one for sale, i have a 90 cm dish and i would like to motorize this dish what hardware do i need

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You already have a perfectly adequate receiver :D

You need the dish on a vertical pole and a disecq motor.

mohsen643

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp
starsat xr-190d super
My Location
middle east
1-There are lots of great channels on "Nilesat" such as Showtime,etc.
Has anyone come up with a patch to open such worthwhile channels?

2-Put this question to guys in another thread.No answers yet,though
85% or more of the Hotbird channels are of European dubbed languages (other than English)
and the audio option doesn't offer much option usually.
Any way to hear the original sounds(esp in case of American movies?)

Thanx for the answer,if any.

nijos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receivers: Zehnder DX1700 & Astrovox VSR-2600 FTA Plus
Dish:8 feet motorized with C band & Ku lnb's
My Location
PAKISTAN
Rob said:
Hi nijos welcome, first thing don't start hi DEARS as you may not find members willing to help. Humping

As for the Zehnder DX 1700 FTA receivers they are made in Germany and started production last year so they are reasonable new, and if it's official software you are after try http://www.zehnder-sat.de/frame.php3
but be warned it's in German (what do you expect when you buy a German receiver) but it is pretty easy to figure it out, and download the software. :)
As to how to patch it I haven't a clue and if no one else here does you might have to try one of the German forums.

Thanks Rob,
Yes i know that site, what i am interested to know is if i can activate the key code menu. I will keep tryig!

take care

royden200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65
windows 98
My Location
carmarthenshire
what does it mean when a reciver is IRDETO embedded and has ci slot and type 1 and type 2
cam slots

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres Irdeto cam hardware and software built into the receiver, plus 2 slots for extra cams.

skidvik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Devon
Hi all. Hope you don't mind me asking in the middle of this thread but I think my question might be of use to other people.

I have got a Comag FTA 2CI and completely happy with using the software to patch the firmware. My problem is that I am not sure about the cabling issue as I only have a laptop at present which only has usb. I pop over to my local computer shop and bought a USB to 9 pin serial. and a gender changer so I can plug it all together. But I get the feeling that this is not going to work what ever I try.

Thanks in advance

mohsen643

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp
starsat xr-190d super
My Location
middle east
THere seem to be 3 slots for cards in this receiver,
1-Does anyone know whether they're with built in cams?
2- Supposing that they receive some kind of a card, then what would be the difference between using fake cards and patching.?
3- How can one get familiar with expressions like firmware,bin,etc? Any source available?

Thanx a 1000 in advance for ur time spent on explaining to a beginner.

royden200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65
windows 98
My Location
carmarthenshire
the pest is back again,
i have a grundig gsr1 satellite reciver and the remote does not work, can any give me the codes for this remote as i am unable to set up the reciver with out the remote it also has a videocrypt card slot, can i get a card for this reciver that will allow me to watch the scarambled channels that are on the hotbird satellite. i also have a pace prd900 satellite reciver with the same card slot can i also do the same to this reciver

bartok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
Triax 90cm
Lots of PCs
My Location
Ireland
I hope this isn;t too dumb a qestion, but how do you know that a patchfile is safe?

I've just got a Technomate 1500 CI+, and I think it can be patched instead of programming a card. If I knew where to get patchfiles (which I don;t yet) I'd still need to know how to make sure they weren;t malicious or hoaxes and likely to fry my receiver.

Thanks for any info on this

bartok

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-welcome to the forum bartok
bartok said:
I hope this isn;t too dumb a question, but how do you know that a patchfile is safe?

That is just it you don't, it is always a risk, just flashing the receiver with a manufacturers update carries a small risk.
bartok said:
I've just got a Technomate 1500 CI+, and I think it can be patched instead of programming a card. If I knew where to get patchfiles (which I don;t yet) I'd still need to know how to make sure they weren;t malicious or hoaxes and likely to fry my receiver.
You would have to make use of the links sections (formerly nobbly's links) and find a site that does them for your stb. As regards whether they will fry your receiver, there are absolutely no guarantees in this hobby if you can't afford to take the risk then don't flash it, simple as that!

bartok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
Triax 90cm
Lots of PCs
My Location
Ireland
toppervte33h said:
:-welcome to the forum bartok

if you can't afford to take the risk then don't flash it, simple as that!

Got ya, toppervte33h. And thanks for the welcome :)

I found a site eventually, so I'll give it a whirl. Just one related Q. Are there many examples of mischevious or malicious patches?

I doubt the site I found is like that, it's been around a while it seems, and it claims to test files.

Thanx for your help,

bartok

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Even if the "lightlady" produced it someone else could spike it at a later date, who knows, as long as you have the original firmware as a fall back then that is a bit of insurance, but personally I do not use patches.

carapau

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
KAON KSC 570
My Location
BELGIUM
Hello everybody,

Anyone can help me to find patch for an ANT 6000 NCI (in fact it is a clone of the Technosat 5800CI)?

Previously I used "Dr. Software", but it seems to be off .

I'm also willing to motorize my system, mainly to have all Hispasat channels (I already bought the HH motor), but search some guidance on how to set it up. Any help?

Thank you all.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
goeiemorgen/bonjour.....

start here: http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5471 for dish set up advice...

-cts

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta
Hi, Can you tell me what patching is and s/w please.
thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
This is a self help forum the subject you are referring to is covered in depth on the thousands of threads contained in this forum. Try using the search routine and search for keywords such as 'patch'

mpboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
opentel ods 2000 ci
My Location
Malta
toppervte33h said:
This is a self help forum the subject you are referring to is covered in depth on the thousands of threads contained in this forum. Try using the search routine and search for keywords such as 'patch'

Thanks mate, as you can see I not only new to the satellite information.but also to this forum :)