Patching for beginners!

urban469

Reaction score
I'm new to patching, I have no idea where to start. What do i need to do? Download software? And what do i do with the software? I have a TechniSat DigiBox 1. thank you everyone!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
urban469 said:
I'm new to patching, I have no idea where to start. What do i need to do? Download software? And what do i do with the software? I have a TechniSat DigiBox 1. thank you everyone!

I recognise that user name! Welcome to the forum oh refugee from DS:D You will almost certainly need a null modem cable (couple of quid from the local computer shop), your computer, and a download of the appropriate s/w. The good folks on this site will help you as much as they can - we have a good bunch of folks here :)

urban469

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
I recognise that user name! Welcome to the forum oh refugee from DS:D You will almost certainly need a null modem cable (couple of quid from the local computer shop), your computer, and a download of the appropriate s/w. The good folks on this site will help you as much as they can - we have a good bunch of folks here :)

Well hello again! Thanks for pointing me over here. What's a null modem cable? Which port does it plug in to (the 56k modem port?) and does that go into the receiver?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Heh heh. Nuill modem is a cable with special cross over wiring between the pins and connects between a serial port (9 pin) and the receiver. The search function works here(!) so have a look for "null modem" if you want the details

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Thank God it works here, that one on the other forum has been down for a couple of months and the admin there don't care.
A Search facility is so handy.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Milkybarkid said:
Thank God it works here, that one on the other forum has been down for a couple of months and the admin there don't care.
A Search facility is so handy.
isn't it just

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's a nullmodem cable you need if it's not a different cable for the digiboxes,you need a cable with these connections,2-3,3-2,5-5,and that is not a nullmodem cable.

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
I'm new to patching, and am considering patching my receiver, Manhattan 3300, which is a Kaon clone.

The thing is I'm quite concerned I'll fry the receiver and mess it up, is it possible to read what software is on the receiver first and save this?

So if I do mess up, it's possible to reload the original software?

Looking at my set up.. (see below) what is the "Loader", do I need to update this?

s/w: v.05.05.05 -Which i am about to update
h/w: V12.01.A5 - Hardware setup of my receiver
Loader: v06.01.04 What does this actually load??!!

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread..

Cheers

Joe

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
steffan_st said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it's a nullmodem cable you need if it's not a different cable for the digiboxes,you need a cable with these connections,2-3,3-2,5-5,and that is not a nullmodem cable.

I just had to rewire my cable for it to work. You are right thats the correct connection. Funny I've read this thread after rewiring on my own. It would have motivated me earlier.
Anyway for those beginners in patching check what I did. It might help you out. I don't know about other receivers but worked well for mine. You can find it here: http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=32659

Reaction score
My Location
northern ireland
Analoguesat said:
I recognise that user name! Welcome to the forum oh refugee from DS:D You will almost certainly need a null modem cable (couple of quid from the local computer shop), your computer, and a download of the appropriate s/w. The good folks on this site will help you as much as they can -

we have a good bunch of folks here :)
hi Iam new to this game and need all the help I can get I have bought an infinity phoenix usb and Ihave not a clue how to progamme a card or where to get the codes from or how to load them into the decoder can any one help this poor man.

royden200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65
windows 98
My Location
carmarthenshire
i am a new member and can do with some advice, i have a silvercrest sl 65 and i would like to obtain the scrambled stations on hotbird how can i suscribe to these channels or is there a different way of receving these channels

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Can you post a picture of it ??. The only sl I know, is the Comag sl 55.

Oh...:-Welcome1 to the board mate :)

L.

nnxun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i like free in sky
My Location
china
my receiver is Humax5100,i already upgraded Loader(from 2.08->2.11),but i can't find any other patch for it.If anyone know where i can download,pls tell me.
Thanks !
I am a chinese .

royden200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65
windows 98
My Location
carmarthenshire
this is the photo of the silvercrest sl 65 reciver and can i use the software from any other reciver on my reciver

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
royden200 said:
this is the photo of the silvercrest sl 65 reciver and can i use the software from any other reciver on my reciver

NO, not unless you want to ruin your receiver. Always use software especially made for your receiver.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
royden200 said:

DO NOT try to load s/w from any other receiver onto your box UNLESS you are certain it is for your 65. You will almost certainly ruin it completely if you try and load an incorrect file onto it...I saw a post on a forum recently saying something along the lines there isnt any patches available for this receiver yet (its too new), but they were in development.

Try http://forums.exthus.co.uk - they are specifically for Comags and should have the latest info

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
royden200 said:
The Patch for theSl55 Will not work on this receiver Its the one everyone tried first.

nijos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receivers: Zehnder DX1700 & Astrovox VSR-2600 FTA Plus
Dish:8 feet motorized with C band & Ku lnb's
My Location
PAKISTAN
hi dears,
i have zehnder DX 1700, can any one tell me how to patch this receiver so that i could see scrambled channels plz?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi nijos welcome, first thing don't start hi DEARS as you may not find members willing to help. Humping

As for the Zehnder DX 1700 FTA receivers they are made in Germany and started production last year so they are reasonable new, and if it's official software you are after try http://www.zehnder-sat.de/frame.php3
but be warned it's in German (what do you expect when you buy a German receiver) but it is pretty easy to figure it out, and download the software. :)
As to how to patch it I haven't a clue and if no one else here does you might have to try one of the German forums.