PC + £150=Fully motorised sat system?

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar2 receiver, 88cm Triax dish, Moteck 2100A motor, Vista MCE x86 (1TB), Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, lots of X10 etc
My Location
Hull, UK
I'm a noobie. I've got a Windows MCE PC in the lounge, mainly for films, photos, and music.
1. If I stick a SkyStar2 2.6d card (£43) in it, download the 'extra' bits of software, I have a receiver right?
2. If I then buy a motorised dish system (£95) as per the dvb-onlinestore on ebay, I have a full solution right? Seems too cheap.

I may also buy a satellite finder from the same ebay guy for £10 to make the job easier.

The SkyStar comes with the remote.
The motorised dish kit includes:
1 x 88cm Triax TD88 Anthracite Satellite Dish ( 85 x 95 cm )
1 x Moteck 2100A Motor With DiseqC 1.2 And GO TO X ( USALS)
1 x Maximum Universal Single LNB 0.3 db
1 x High Quality Steel Wall Mount
1 x Screw set with screws, washers and dowels
1 x 25 metre high quality coaxial cable with 2 F-Plugs

I'm looking to pick up footie games, some english language movies and hopefully, a hell of a lot of pron.

3. How do I know if the dish is big enough? I live in Hull, East Yorkshire.

4. Do I definately not need a cam? From what I've read, progDVB, s2emu and some 'keys' are all I need.

VERY greatful for any advice/suggestions regarding what I'm about to buy. Don't want to be mr betamax (again).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sounds like you're pretty much on it, although I've never done an install on MCE, only XP. Sure sum1 else has here though.

All the kit you mention is excellent quality (for what you pay, though dunno about the LNB...)

STICK

P.S. I think sum1 else here has the same avatar as you, so if you wouldn't mind changing it... :)

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar2 receiver, 88cm Triax dish, Moteck 2100A motor, Vista MCE x86 (1TB), Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, lots of X10 etc
My Location
Hull, UK
Wow, someone else has the same avatar? I've been using that one for years. Still, I guess this ain't my patch, so I've changed it.

I'm not expecting to use the progDVB or satellite feed via the MCE interface. It's just an XP box after all, so should be fine on it's own.

How do I find out what channels I'll be able to get/unscramble?

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hull, UK
OMG it gets better and better. Looks like there IS a plugin for MCE2005!!

_http://dvbportal.dyn1.de/forum/index.php?board=14

thommo2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
North
I bought my SS2 card from the same place in Germany and I have to say I was really impressed by the service - ordered on Monday got it on Thursday courier delivered for 11 quid! Only thing is ... if you need to contact them ...all comms are in German. I would have no hesitation buying again.

I don't want to break any rules in this forum so if you can't find all you need to get you going - PM me I might be able to help you out.

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hull, UK
Cheers thommo2. I might take you up on that!
Just ordered everything. Hope its here for christmas. :-sugar

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Begtets said:
Wow, someone else has the same avatar? I've been using that one for years. Still, I guess this ain't my patch, so I've changed it.

I'm not expecting to use the progDVB or satellite feed via the MCE interface. It's just an XP box after all, so should be fine on it's own.

How do I find out what channels I'll be able to get/unscramble?

Thanks m8.

One of the mods here as it happens.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/member.php?u=47222

Maybe you had it first, but I appreciate your flexibility :)

Reading a bit here will tell you what's open or not at any one time, but TV CABO on 30W and TPS and ABSat on 13E OK ATM. Rumours abound of another big opening b4 xmas.

Check out www.lyngsat.com for FTA details.

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hull, UK
Rumours eh? Don't hold back on me now...

Love your sig btw. "Where's my JELLY!!!!"

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Begtets said:
Love your sig btw. "Where's my JELLY!!!!"

LOL - at last, someone with taste!