PC DVB Card

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
I was just wondering about some things concerning DVB cards, so all you guys with a card, or without, would it not be quite easy to watch non-FTA channels with it? I mean, it would not be that hard to write a application that acts as a software-CAM, with mounted hex-files or wathever you want, no more cards needed, no more expensive card writers, BUT live code updates via internet.

I don't own a DVB card, and i would never decrypt a channel which is encrypted withot paying for it, because it supports anarchism, and I'm not really a fan of it.

I just thought that the sat-piracy world would explode with a software like this, maybe there already are softwares for this purpose. A DVB card is not really expensive anymore, I saw one for 49.99 Euro in germany.

With changing technologies, chaniging encryptions, normally new CAMS and sometimes new hardware is needed, with a DVB card you simply just download the latest software and your evening is rescued.

Leonard

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look down the threads in this section Leonard, all of your questions will be answered, :)

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
Originally posted by rolfw
Have a look down the threads in this section Leonard, all of your questions will be answered, :)

Oh sorry for posting in the wrong section!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problem Leonard, there are some interesting threads regarding the use of Satellite DVB cards and Emulation software, Multidec is one of the better known ones.

You'll find that the cheapo cards are not normally compatible with this software.