PCMCIA Card

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
I saw this interface 'Single Rear Slot Universal PCI to PCMCIA Adapter: P111'
and I was wondering. Is this suitable for sticking in a pc to power/program a magic module or matrix reloaded etc with? If not, anyone use something similar that will do the trick.

Basically the mr doesn't like the samsung 9500, this may be resolved with 1.04. Its a bit of a pain lugging the receiver upto my pc everytime I want to program a cam and I cant justify a laptop for this purpose.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure Pete, some people have had problems with laptops producing the right power supply.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

Duolabs is working on a new programmer that will solve these problems.
It works with an integrated pcmcia adapter in wich the cam is programmed through the pcmcia slot.

It will be available in a month or so, i spoke to Rick from duolabs confirming this last night.

The interface you oint at is quite expensive, and can do the job, but i read some posts it didn't work either.

Cheers,

Cor.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Thanks. I have three choices then a laptop, another receiver or the improved cas.

I must admit for all the headaches this cas is giving me, I'm learning a lot from it all.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can pick up old laptops for next to nothing, particularly if the battery has gone, they still work, but are very cheap.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Spent a lot of time on ebay etc looking for one and getting hammered by traders snapping em up. Apart from local free ads wouldn't know where else to look?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Are there not any computer fairs in you area Pete?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Never thought about that rolf, might be worth a try. I'm getting lazy expecting to buy things online for a bargain, I guess.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You may even find that a trip to your local computer shop could render an old dog of a laptop, they'll probably be glad to get rid. :)

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

Got me a p1 100 lappie from Toshiba for 25 quid, no battery but running W 98se.

Good enough for experimenting and the programmer that works on an serial port that my notebook does not have now, USB 2.0 ports firewire etcetera, no RS 232 ports on the new notebooks
pissed.gif

CHeers,

Cor.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Ive seen an old p100 lappie for around £100 for sale near me in the local ads. Unfortunately it seems that even a laptop isn't guaranteed to do the job. The only thing that seems to work are the nokia FTV boxes?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
£100 is too much for an old p100 lappie anyway Pete, you can get a P3 for that.

MasterAbacus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yorkshire
Pullet_Surprise said:
Ive seen an old p100 lappie for around £100 for sale near me in the local ads. Unfortunately it seems that even a laptop isn't guaranteed to do the job. The only thing that seems to work are the nokia FTV boxes?

What can we use the nokia FTA boxes to do? What can they upgrade?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
The nokia FTA box allows cam access via the ci slot in it. You can then use the cas interface to program a mm or mr cam via this setup. A lot of other satellite receivers, laptops, pcmcia cards etc can't manage it.

Sorry, I should have posted in the cas interface discussion, for clarity.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Its just a freeview receiver for UK FTA channels with a ci slot in the front. The model is 9850T.

Out of the 6 different devices I tried its the only one that has worked with the cas.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
You can try 'anything' that has a standard pcmcia slot. All you need to do is supply power to it. I tried an old amiga A600 which has a built in pcmcia slot, which connected but wouldn't program.

dwitcombe

Reaction score
where can i get pcmcia drivers for my win98 laptop, i have an irdeto cam v1.06 and want to patch it but the cam isn't recognised
thanks