PCMCIA Port on Laptop

km21

Reaction score
I have a HP Omnibook xe4400 with WindowsXP (Full Updated),
and my PCMCIA port (Texas Instruments) does not recognize the matrix Reloaded cam.
I follow the instructions of other guys, about the drivers of the PCMCIA port and etc., but did not work.
Another Laptop (Compaq Presario 2100 with WindowsXP) with PCMCIA port (O2Micro OZ6912) works OK, with matrix Reloaded cam.

Is the model of PCMCIA port that is responsible (O2Micro OZ6912 or Texas Instruments or what other) ?
What can i do to work with my Laptop (HP Omnibook xe4400 ) ?

Thank you.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From reading some of Tutut's comments, it may be that the HP is using 32 bit drivers for the port, whereas the Presario is using 16 bit drivers, you would do well to read some of Tutut's threads in the MR tools section of Toecutters Den.

mo1965

Reaction score
I read it on this forum before that MR need an adaptor. sorry I do not remember the full address but try MR website

petchletch

Reaction score
Hi - Hope I can help - this info is compiled after help from rolfw and other mentionable users.

Compaq Presarios's seem to work very well with PCMC*A cards. After testing my own laptop's it seems that Compaq 32 bit firmware is more backward compatible with 16 bit hardware than HP! Pity HP now own Compaq :rolleyes: .

I just suggest as before that you have a dual boot Win98 / XP system if your laptop is newer than 3 years old. Win98SE seems to work fine as 16 bit is better supported.

P.S.
I found that after re-flashing over the same Software Revision on my Technomate 5500CIP that my Matrix Reloaded 1.081 started to emulate correctly without a smartcard and it accepted remote key changes easily.
I think that if your initial setup is screwed, then your receiver software is unable to learn correctly, no matter how many times you try things with the CAM.

I can now upload new hex/dec keys to the MR via remote control and they work perfectly!

I hope this info comes handy - it is cutting to the chase .... please let me know if I am helping or if you have problems - I may be distributing limited systems shortly in Spain but also need to support them in the future.

Any chance of a Titanium "ONLY" forum?????

Thanks to all the wonderfull tech's and inputters. Keep up the good work:cool:

Rgds
Petch

meifo

Reaction score
Dear All.
I have been trying to update the MR for my matrix reloader through my laptop, but it doesn't work with WinXP, when i formatted and installed win98se, it worked.
how can i update it through my receiver, i have another P4 Pc, serial cable RS232, my receiver is Technosat 9800P 2CI, Positioner.

Adem

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. El Marcus for put this programs patch xp

Adem

Terike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Presario 2173EA, Windows Xp Pro
MR. 1.166
My Location
Sweden
km21 said:
I have a HP Omnibook xe4400 with WindowsXP (Full Updated),
and my PCMCIA port (Texas Instruments) does not recognize the matrix Reloaded cam.
I follow the instructions of other guys, about the drivers of the PCMCIA port and etc., but did not work.
Another Laptop (Compaq Presario 2100 with WindowsXP) with PCMCIA port (O2Micro OZ6912) works OK, with matrix Reloaded cam.

Is the model of PCMCIA port that is responsible (O2Micro OZ6912 or Texas Instruments or what other) ?
What can i do to work with my Laptop (HP Omnibook xe4400 ) ?

Thank you.

Thank you!
Con tu ayuda pude instalar mi CAM en la Laptop.
Gracias.
Terike