PCMIA

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
anyone know where i can get a pcmia socket/slot for a PC.Dont fancy
buying a laptop just to upgrade a CAM.I know there available for laptops so surely there must be something for a PC.

Dave G

Reaction score
Mine is an Elan P-series. I bought it from Elan Digital Systems Ltd, Fareham, UK. It seems to work OK. It only does 16 bit but that seems to be enough for flashing CAMs.

Dave.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Cheers Dave (keeping tight lipped about it arnt u)Like how much and have u tried flashing a cam and how does it connect to the PC ie,IDE,
SCSI,or a card in a slot.

Dave G

Reaction score
If you go to the website http://www.pccard.co.uk/adapter/index.php you should be able to get most of the information you need. I seem to remember that I had to email them to get prices before.

The module I bought (P223) has now been superseded. I bought it a while ago and I think it cost about 120 GB pounds but I can't be sure because I don't know where the receipt is. It has a card that plugs into the PCI bus and provides two front mounted PCMCIA sockets. I have successfully flashed an old Irdeto CAM to 4.6SE, 4.7SE, Freecam 2.017 and Freecam 2.018.

If you search Google for something like "PCMCIA desktop adaptor" you will find a number of other options.

Dave.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-Feb-02 AT 10:51 AM (GMT)]Another link for PCI adaptors http://www.prestico.com/products.htm This one used by TheBadger on Phill's forum, he uses the ISA version. The only thing I would add to this is that it is possible to buy old PI Laptops for around the same sort of price.

Rolf

beast5223uk

Reaction score
How about those wireless pci adaper ?

Are they different to normal PCI/PCMCIA adapter ?

These wireless pci adapter from NetGear cost just 35 UK Pounds !!!

balchand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have ordered mine from jungle.com. You'll have to register first. Its called an Antec Datachute PCI Int PC card Read/Write Kit. Stock code No. 11208859. It will cost in total about £72.48p.

Cheers Balchand :-)

H

helmut

Hi, I´ve baught one last week for €70. Its an WAVEline PCI Adapter
(CS-25-543-04)it´s for wireless Ethernet adapter but it works well,because its the Ricoh R5C475II PCIto Card Bus Bridge.