Pda

dynamo985

Reaction score
i have had a neat little idea, well i think so anyway, what is the cheapest pda u can get that has a web browser and wifi or bluetooth so that u can change the channel of your dreambox anywhere in your house. Does anyone know of a cheap pda that will do this?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i already have a PDA, but why would you want to do this lol

dynamo985

Reaction score
i use the tv downstairs as the main tv and have connected all the tvs upstairs to it so they can watch whatever is on satellite downstairs, so if im lying in bed i dont wanna have to switch the pc on the change the channel or go downstairs and change it, i wanna be able to do it with my palm, use it as a sort of remote.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LMAO... technology gone mad.

I have to laugh insanely at any post that contains the phrase '...while I'm lying in bed...'.

What I want is a remote control that's also a receiver, so that I can have another remote control, such that I don't have to get out of my armchair, and carry all those remotes back to my bed.

:D

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
BGonaSTICK said:
LMAO... technology gone mad.
:D

Oh dear, I have tried this with a palm zire 72 (I have a BlueTooth access point), however the DB webserver throws a wobbler because the screen size is too small.

Nice thought though!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Why not use a magic eye, or similar, so you can control the down stairs TV using the DB remote from your bedroom?

It would be a lot, lot cheaper.