Pentamedia software

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
This question is directed to rolfw or anyone who can answer it.

Rolf you mentioned before a while back about needing a piece of software supplied by pentamedia to enable the pentamedia-ci card to be used as a capture card, any ideas what or where i can obtain this software? pentamedia.com do not seem to mention it.

when i was using my card in the early stages of setup i somehow managed to get the video cassette recorder to display the blue screen of its menu onto my monitor but everything seemed unstable and i have never had it back since. i have the penta card connected to my geforce 3 t200 graphicas card via the vga cable coming from the pentamedia ,it used to be the voodoo 3 card when this blue screen incident originally occured. The geforce 3 titanium 200 card software does not have any means it would appear to setup as an input from an external source.
Perhaps i bought the wrong geforce? i think there was once with a video in slightly up from it maybe the t500 (not sure)
I would really like to input video into the pc as i can now output from the pc no problems using dvd etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that was a long time ago, I believe that the answer came from Pentamedia that they were looking at software to facilitate recording. It obviously didn't go any further than that. I must confess to being less than happy with them as a company and would have to think seriously before buying any more of their kit.

I've played around with using the card as a diplay device, but the results were mediocre at best, so I gave up.

My Location
London
Hi guys,

I bought a Pentamedia Navis PCI capture card over a year ago and its the best card in my machine. Captures good quaility - and doesnt take much processor power. While capturing, im normally on the net with about 10 windows open, winamp , outlook etc - no dropped frames

As for the card itself, you both know it has its faults.....

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
Hi aseman :)

Yes driver instability being the main one for me. But the card i believe has excellent picture quality but i never could understand why the pentamedia ci has never dropped in price much in the last 2 years. last time i checked it was still pretty much the same.