hsbrar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishtv -Zenega CD 1004S STB
My Location
Punjab,India
Dear Friends,

I am going to buy a DTH system soon.

As Im interested in locating more satellites apart from NSS6 I enquired from MCBS Ahmedabad(official supplier of DD DTH equipment )about the Dish size and the LNBs etc needed to receive more satellites .They informed me the following :

"For viewing both Ku-Band & C Band channels having two seperate 90cm Ku-Band antenna, one with Ku-Band LNB and one with C-Band LNB. then use disec switch to give two input one output in single receiver. This combination will provide more then 100 channels national & international."

I enquired from Zee Dishtv dealers about 90 cm Ku band Dish but they informed me that they had only 60 cm Dishes .However MCBS informed me that they could supply 90cm Ku band Dish along with Universal STB .

If anyone has used the Universal STB as well as Dish TV's Zenega STB ,then please let me know whether Universal STB for DD Direct DTH is of the same quality as that of Zenega STB or not ?Universal STB as claimed by MCBS is the best model they have and has 2 CI clots for inserting smart cards to view pay channels .

Secondly,if I buy Universal STB will I be able to view Zee Dish TV and future Star TV also if I subscribe to them using Universal STB or not?

After seeing negative views for Zee's DTH system and blackmailing by Dish TV I don't think I'll go for Dish TVs Zenega STB.

The MCBS website shows that their STBs are built in collaboration with leading International companies including Scientific Atlanta among others.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

H.S.Brar

begarkitta

Reaction score
HSBRAR,

I just read your months old mail about the quality and performance of MCBS receivers. I am sorry your post did not get any reply. I am a newbie myself and have heard of this receiver just a few days ago. If you have come across any information on this reciever, please could you share it with me?
thanks.

hariom25

Looking New Channels
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega with Old S/W,
90 cm Ku dish towards NSS 6, 5 feet C-band dish towards Asia 3S
My Location
HARYANA-INDIA
hsbrar said:
Dear Friends,

I am going to buy a DTH system soon.

As Im interested in locating more satellites apart from NSS6 I enquired from MCBS Ahmedabad(official supplier of DD DTH equipment )about the Dish size and the LNBs etc needed to receive more satellites .They informed me the following :

"For viewing both Ku-Band & C Band channels having two seperate 90cm Ku-Band antenna, one with Ku-Band LNB and one with C-Band LNB. then use disec switch to give two input one output in single receiver. This combination will provide more then 100 channels national & international."

I enquired from Zee Dishtv dealers about 90 cm Ku band Dish but they informed me that they had only 60 cm Dishes .However MCBS informed me that they could supply 90cm Ku band Dish along with Universal STB .

If anyone has used the Universal STB as well as Dish TV's Zenega STB ,then please let me know whether Universal STB for DD Direct DTH is of the same quality as that of Zenega STB or not ?Universal STB as claimed by MCBS is the best model they have and has 2 CI clots for inserting smart cards to view pay channels .

Secondly,if I buy Universal STB will I be able to view Zee Dish TV and future Star TV also if I subscribe to them using Universal STB or not?

After seeing negative views for Zee's DTH system and blackmailing by Dish TV I don't think I'll go for Dish TVs Zenega STB.

The MCBS website shows that their STBs are built in collaboration with leading International companies including Scientific Atlanta among others.

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

H.S.Brar

myself Hari Om from Kurukshetra (haryana). i have Zee DTH system with old verson software. can you tell me what is the cost of MCBS STB with having 2CI. is EUROSTAR is best STB then MCBS.

BharatPremi

Mera Bharat Mahan!!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 2.4 prescot, 512 RAM, 17" Monitor, 250GB HDD, Twinhan PCI DVB card on Agila 146 E
My Location
North East India
The price of MCBS Universal STB is approx Rs.3900, 90cm Ku Dish is about Rs.1200-1500 with lnbf and 120cm Ku is about Rs.3800-4500 with lnbf.

The quality is good but the main drawback is it will not work with DishTV because the DishTV ppl are monopolising the distribution of STBs. They dont activate any other STB other then the one they supply themselves, i.e., first Zenega and now Kaon. We are a dealer of MCBS and had tried many times to clarify from DishTV if they will activate their smart cards for ppl using a CAM on the universal STBs, but they simply refused saying their sw doesnt allow and so on.

Space Tv may probably work bcoz according to news, they are going to provide CAM modules + cards to work on any STB that has a CI slot (main target being Zenega stbs). So their is a fair chance that Universal STB will work with them.

hariom25

Looking New Channels
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega with Old S/W,
My Location
HARYANA-INDIA
BharatPremi said:
The price of MCBS Universal STB is approx Rs.3900, 90cm Ku Dish is about Rs.1200-1500 with lnbf and 120cm Ku is about Rs.3800-4500 with lnbf.

The quality is good but the main drawback is it will not work with DishTV because the DishTV ppl are monopolising the distribution of STBs. They dont activate any other STB other then the one they supply themselves, i.e., first Zenega and now Kaon. We are a dealer of MCBS and had tried many times to clarify from DishTV if they will activate their smart cards for ppl using a CAM on the universal STBs, but they simply refused saying their sw doesnt allow and so on.

Space Tv may probably work bcoz according to news, they are going to provide CAM modules + cards to work on any STB that has a CI slot (main target being Zenega stbs). So their is a fair chance that Universal STB will work with them.

thanks Mr. Premi for information. i think Ku band dish is very high cost s campare to other dish. 120 cm dish is Rs/- 4000 to costly.

MCBS has new STB lounch with PVR STB. is it good working. what will be the cost

begarkitta

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Saw this MCBS Universal receiver set up in my friends house. The set looks solid and reception looks good. But does it have all desirable specifications? It has EPG, blind scan, 4000 channel memory, 2 CI slots (no embedded ones) and RS interface to connect to a computer. Anything more required?

Thanks.

hariom25

Looking New Channels
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega with Old S/W,
My Location
HARYANA-INDIA
Dear Friends,
Can any body tell me what is Blind scan receiver? what will be the benefit of Blind scan receiver. Is Zenega (Dish Tv) receiver is Blind scan?

Looking for yours response,
Thanks.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
dear hari, in a blind scan receiver u dont have to enter TP freuqencies, as it searches all the availble frequencies in the sattelitte it is receiving signal from. zenega doen not have blind scan

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
gauch21 said:
dear hari, in a blind scan receiver u dont have to enter TP freuqencies, as it searches all the availble frequencies in the sattelitte it is receiving signal from. zenega doen not have blind scan
hi gaurav
i like to know which STBs avlbl in india re having the blind scan?one more doubt,does the STB scan all avlbl freqncs otherthan the software freqncs of the STB?

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
i have no knowledge of receivers available in india. in this thread only, begarkiita has mentioned MCBS universal satellite have a blind scan. in a blind scan, receiver will search the frequency range it is programmed to search, but i assume this will be enough to search most of the tv broadcast satellites.

begarkitta

Reaction score
Har,

To my limited understanding, you get many FTA receivers in here. But not many with embedded and CI CAMs. This MCBS is supposed to be a co-production with America's Scientific Atlanta. It boasts of NEC processor chip and two CI CAMs and card slots.

Other than these basic facts, I do not have much information. My gut feeling is, instead of buying all those cheap and unserviceable Korean sets, MCBS could be a good try. I am waiting for knowledgeable members to input information on MCBS.

Thanks and goodluck.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
dear hari, i completely agree with begarkitta or else you can try ebay for better deals on new branded receivers.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
its sometimes cheaper to buy on ebay and pay shipping charges to india than buying in india. the stuff is also better quality and standard.

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
gauch21 said:
its sometimes cheaper to buy on ebay and pay shipping charges to india than buying in india. the stuff is also better quality and standard.
can we trust the products shipped through ebay?whom to contact in case of problems whose service is not in the country?

hariom25

Looking New Channels
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega with Old S/W,
My Location
HARYANA-INDIA
gauch21 said:

Dear friends,
Thank for providing lot of information.
Thanks

hariom25

Looking New Channels
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega with Old S/W,
My Location
HARYANA-INDIA
what you think on PVR (with hard disk) STB lounch by MCBS. i am also trying to get information by MCBS dealer in delhi.

begarkitta

Reaction score
Hariom,

Personal Video Recorders are just receivers with hard discs inside them. They are unnecessarily expensive. Don't buy them unless you are desperate to record programmes. Please remember: the more sophisticated an instrument, the more complicated it is and is therefore that much difficult to service and repair. After all you do not have that many interesting channels on offer in India.

Thanks.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
hariom,

if u want to record programs, the cdheaper way is to go for an tv tuner card for your computer. you can connect your computer and the stb to record any programs. nowadays the tuner cards are available from rs.1500

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
har_3100 said:
can we trust the products shipped through ebay?whom to contact in case of problems whose service is not in the country?

there is a comprehensive feedabck score for each seller in ebay. whenever someone buys from a seller through ebay, he leaves a feedback for the supplier as postive, neutral and negative. when you see 500+ feedback for the seller with 97+% postive feedback, you can be assured of the delievry of goods in proper condition. do always remeber to check if the product is new or old. it is mentioned clearly in the description. for warranty, yes you dont have any option even when these type of things are bought in open shops you dont have any options. these are electronic, once faulted always faulted.

begarkitta

Reaction score
Gauch,

Thanks for that information on EBay sales. Have you bought anything yourself? What has been your own experience? I have considred the possibility of mail-order purchase several times before, but decided against it. Do goods arrive safe and sound, in good physical condition?

thanks again