Personal Planner /FTA Card

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have a box with a FTA card, and have done a forced software upgrade
but it still doesn't have this function.

My other box which used to have a subscription but is now FTA only has the Personal Planner function

Any ideas ?

:-)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-Nov-01 AT 11:01 PM (GMT)]Android, which box is the new one and what software version is it showing compared to the old one? As far as i know the ctype of card has nothing to do with the software version, a box without a card should still have the planner I think. Unfortunately I have no way of checking this.

Rolf

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Rolfw both boxes are Panasonic TU-DSB31.

The old one( which used to have the Sky subscription) fromm the system details screen :

Model No 2.0.L

Version No 0F0301

Operating System 1.2S4Bc

EPG Software Version 2.7bb.9*

The New box (only ever FTA)

Model No f2.0.B

Version No 0F0302

Operating System 1.2S3Bu

EPG Software Version 2.7a.2*

The only sense I can make of this is that the personal planner function is a Sky subscriber function, and my box updated when I was a subscriber. Unless someones knows differently.

If this is the case I might have to take a months subscription, because this is quite a useful feature.

I'd be interested to hear any views

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be right Android, what we need then is info from someone else who has only ever had a BBC card in their box, to see if they have a personal planner.

If you did the forced upgrade with the card in the box, try it without. It also may be that the box will automatically update whith the next scheduled transmission. I'm also not convinced that the forced update upgrades the EPG, i have a feeling that the update is for the operating software, so as i say above, you may have to wait for the update to the EPG.

Rolf

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I don't think either the operating software or the EPG software is being updated.

I have tried a forced update with the other card but it doesn't do anything.

I hope someone can shed some light on this one because i'd like to get to the bottom of it

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
My Panasonic (30 not 31) has for the past 2 years only had an FTV card in it. The Personal Planner function was implemented during that period. It works ok on my box (only funny is that somehow an invalid entry has got in - "Top Gear" from "Box Office" - which I can not get rid of... it seems to want to make a phone connection wwhen I try to remove it - and I have no phone connection).

My Panasonic box details:

Model No = 1.0.T
Version No = 0F0202
Operating System = 1.2S4Bc
EPG Software Version = 2.7bb.9*

2old

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
2old your box has the same version operating software and EPG software as my "old" box that has the personal planner function.

Could it be possibly then that my box is just not carrying out the update. Perhaps it's going throught the motions - you get all the lights on, and the updating software message- but perhaps it's just not doing it.

Stranger and stranger !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
As I say Android, I don't think that the EPG software updates on the forced update, also the update should be carried out without any card inserted for it to work properly.

You may also find that simply switching the box off at the mains and then back on will boot the new software, which could already be sitting on your box but not installed.

Rolf

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Rolfw have tried both things you have suggested and still no joy, looks as though I might have to live with this :(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just make sure the box is allways connected Android, it may well update of it's own accord. If you are in the UK you could try ringing Sky and asking them if they can send out an update, may work.

Rolf

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for all your suggestions rolfw.

The box is left on standby all of the time

But I'll give Sky a ring and I'll report back if I have any success

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I have a spurious entry in my personal planner, its an odd one with a date/time entry that makes no sense.

I have a feeling it was a result of some mistaken keying, and I don't have a phone connected either.

I have had several updates including many that have wiped my other channle list since the entry appeared, but it is still there.

Anyone else got one of these?

Regards

W Hole

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think the way to get rid of the entry is to remove your card, switch off the box at the mains, leave for 2 minutes and switch back on. When you re-insert the card the Queue should be blank.

Rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Nope...

Still there - also tonight's/tommorow moring's Letterman also still there.

Any other ideas.

Regards

W Hole

PS. I didn't re-boot, just turned it off then on as per above..

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well it just worked for me W hole, if you pull out the plug, remove the card, leave off for a couple of minutes, plug in again, switch on without the card inserted, let it search for channels and the planner details should be erased. Then you can put your card back in.

If this doesn't work then try a forced update without the card in.

Best of luck

rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Rolf

Just picked this up from the DigiGuide forum:

"Have you tried unplugging the Digibox for 30 seconds and then letting it reload? You may also have to remove the card until it asks you to insert it again."

I hadn't! - I have now! - and it works......

Thanks for help

Regards

W Hole

PS Boy is this site slow tonight

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Tut, Tut, W hole, That's what I said to do 5 posts above. :(

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
(coming back to the original topic of this thread...)

Android -
interestingly, my Panasonic box received a new EPG update last night!

"system details" are now:

Model No = 1.0.U (yeah, this changing surprised me too...)
Version No = 0F0202 (no change)
Operating System = 1.2S4Bc (no change)
EPG Software Version = 2.8b* (changed)

Just wondering whether the fact that Sky is obviously rolling out new stuff again might have something to do with your problems.

2old

android

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Proof at last that Sky read these forums!

Just checked my box and the operating software and the EPG software has been updated.

Still a mystery why the forced update didn't update the operating software, but heh, I got what I was after.

A big thanks to rolfw and 2old for staying with me on this one.

:)