Philex Slx Links and slx8l distributor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
open to suggestions
My Location
manchester
Hi All,
My set up is a standard sky+ installation using the pace box.

I have a Philex SLX8L distribution unit in the loft and want top use SLX links in all rooms that i require.

Now the problem... i have spoken to philex technical(about as much help as a chocolate fireguard) and they cant resolve the problem and state that its my pace sky box(this was after he told me that they have an uncompatability with amstrad box)'O'-red, however i followed exactly what they said and took the SLX8L unit out of the system and put my sky box in the loft to test out direct from the box using the slk link and i get no result whatsoever... that was the end of philex help.

I am getting 9v dc output from RF2 and the light on the slx link lights and the light in the magic eye lights up when the remote is pressed, however i am getting no channel change or anything for that matter.

Please can someone help, even if i have to start again with new kit.. just please help.

Cheers in advance
Phil:confused:confused:confused:confused

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum mrhappychappy69

You know there is a saying "A picture says a thousands words" and I think in this case it is very appropriate. Your post does not make it very clear (to me anyhow) what it is you are trying to do perhaps a detailed diagram would help!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try buying another make of link, perhaps Global and test it direct with the Sky digibox.