Philips D2MAC Receiver FOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim

I am not sure if this is allowed but no doubt I will be told if it is not.

I am about to move house (in two weeks or so) and I have a Philips D2MAC STU909 D2MAC Receiver complete with SC909 4 wire positioner that I no longer use. It is in full working order (at least it was when I last used it).

It is available for nothing, collected from a village near Amersham but will not be around for very long as I will have to take it to the tip soon.

Send me an email if you want it and can collect it.

Jim

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problem Jim, by four wire positioner do you mean the control box as well?

J

Jim

I am not sure I understand the question. My motorised dish has an actuator which is driven by a low voltage dc motor and provides pulses back to the controller which indicate how much it has moved. These two functions (ie motor and position pulses) each need a pair of wires and the four wires connect to the Philips receiver/positioner. The receiver/postioner is actually two boxes, the receiver itself and the positioner controller (which is perhaps what you were asking?).

Jim

Jim
;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes that was what I meant Jim, not being familiar with that model, I was wondering whether the positioner could be used independently.

Rolf

J

Jim

The positioner is controlled from the remote and uses an on-screen-display so not really. At one stage I fed the reciever rf into a WinTV pc card and used that.

Jim

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Yea was wondering if there was much on d2mac, I thought that it had just about had its days. I know you can convert the receivers.Probably thats the only reason for keeping them from the bin.

Regards SATDUDE. :D

speculatrix

Reaction score
My Location
East Anglia, UK
I retired mine a year ago, and it's gathering dust in the loft.

It was fully working with manual and remote control, also had a gold card and white card and auto-switch circuit. I recall happy days patiently trying out keys until the magic occurred of the screen zig-zags turning to clear!

Is there anything useful I can do with this box, or would anyone like to take it off my hands for the price of a beer and post and packing?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Paul

satseeker3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1cm Triax eliptical dish to a Jaeger 36v motor. A V box Mk2 positioner to a TM 1500CI Multicrypt decoder.
My Location
Dorset U.K.
Sorry to tell you mate but it 'ain't no good Just bung it in the skip and say a prayer for enjoying all those TV1000 and Rendevous blue movies. I had all the gear in the 90's and made a fortune from copying them to VCR and selling them. But now it's dead...like Red Hot Dutch. The "stuff" available now in 2007 is crystal clear digital, and goes straight on to a DVD. Beautiful.
Satseeker3

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Another old one put to rest O-no

L.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.