Philips DTR1500 - recording Freeview channels

DaveB

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I suspect that someone may have asked my question before.

I have a Philips DTR1500 and, try as I might, I can't record anything other than the normal terrestrial channels 1 to 5. The instructions for the DTR1500 aren't very clear and I've spent quite a long time messing around with the Timers and my video but with no success. Does anyone have any easy-to-follow instructions that will help me record the other Freeview channels?

I've tried both SCARt set-ups recommended in the Freeview instructions and I've not had any success with these....

Reaction score
I Dont No Much About Your Set Up But Make Sure The Setup Is In Correct Order As In Tv Your Box And Vcr ,as The Vcr Is Not Digital It Will Not Recieve The Digital Ch's For Recording You Have To Set Up So The Freeview Box Is The One You Set The Time And Recording Data That Is Then Sent To Your Vcr Or Dvd Recorder For Recording.

Please Note You Have To Have Scart Sockets That Are 21pin And These Must Be Fully Wired 21pin Scarts,some Scarts You Can Open To See How Many Wires You Have,check The Pins And Count Them If Your Wire Is Thin And There Is Only 20 Pins Then You Will Find It Is Only A 7 Pin Wired Scart.

Not Much Info But The Scart Info Is Important.

Hope This Helps You

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To record from the digital receiver to video, you need to set the video input to whichever scart lead is connected, this will be AV1 or AV2, then it should record the channel which is on the digital receiver.

dave2002

Reaction score
rolfw said:
To record from the digital receiver to video, you need to set the video input to whichever scart lead is connected, this will be AV1 or AV2, then it should record the channel which is on the digital receiver.
Personally I'm still having problems in recording from digital channels via a DTR 1500 to Philips VCR - VR840. There are a number of things which you need to know .... plus a few more whichI don't.

1. To set the AV channels on the VCR press the 0 key until the letter E appears in the channel display. Then press 1 or 2 to set E1 or E2 corresponding to AV1 or AV2.

2. Make sure the SCARTs on the VCR are set up the right way round for E1/E2

3. If you connect the VCR to the TV output of the Freeview box, there is a menu option to select the video output format on the Installation menu. Probably better to just get the SCARTS the right way round, but might be worth knowing. If you get this wrong your VCR might not be able to cope with RGB or S-Video inputs.

4. Make sure the aerial lead feeds the digital box first, then loop through to the VCR.

Having said that - I'm still not getting it right. Ouch! This box is painful compared with the Nokia 221T - though the picture quality is good.

Setting the picture format is also painful, though can be done via the installation menu. For some strange reason loop through seems to compress the image vertically - it's not completely passive - or so it would appear.

Dave