Help Required Philips STU902 Transworld D2MAC instructions/repair

philpem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HackRF, SVA1, HackTV... you know... the usual!
My Location
GB
Hi folks.
I have a Philips STU902 with a Transworld Satellites / L&L Design D2MAC front card slot mod installed. Does anyone happen to have a manual for that mod?

The box powers on, but the LED display shows either "01" or "00" and it doesn't respond to the remote control or standby button. Video output appears to be blank, and rolls with no sync.

I'm suspecting it's failing some kind of power on test. I haven't had the PCB out so I don't know if it's been modified to work from a baseband signal as a raw decoder.

Regardless, it's a very interesting mod. The VCU2133A has been removed from the main PCB, and a board with a VCU2133 socket and a TPU2735 Teletext chip fitted in its place. The ACM is gone, a card slot has been melted into the front of the case (!). Behind that is another PCB with a smartcard socket and a Philips smartcard controller chip, and flying leads going off to some of the pins on the main 8031 processor.

It's a shame the ACM is gone, as the box is covered in Granada Rentals stickers which suggest it may have been on-stream as a BSB box.

Cheers
Phil.