Phillips DTR 1500

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone else here experienced problems with this box?

Mine keeps hanging. Sometimes I have a picture from one station but sound from another. Teletext sometimes corrupts normal viewing or a green box appears. The box can lock up when in teletext on non-bbc channels and when using the radio it becomes confused and plays the wrong station eg it might say its on a certain channel but its actually playing another channel.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Had some problems with one unit, but that was more to do with having a very high threshold for solid reception. Unfortunately, most of the different boxes have a quirk or two, but a reboot normally sorts it.

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried switching it off at the wall but the problems soon start again. There doesnt seem to be any new software available for OTA download - mine is using version 23.

When you say reboot do you mean simply switching the power off and then on again?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes I do, not sure if there is a factory reset on them.