Phillips problems (end of pre pay)

ez_livin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have a phillips box which i had on a pre pay deal, my card expired recently and i tried to use a goldcard to find that it does nothing (there was never a problem before!)
If i put in the expired card i still get the fta channels but if i turn to for example ch33 (mtv) it says to call i** as i do not have a subscription to this channel. However if i insert my gold card (KEV 167) i still get the fta channels but on the regular channels i get just a black screen with no message! Would there be a connection with my card expiring or is this just a coincidence?
Has anyone else encountered or heard of this problem?

Thanks

TB

Reaction score
You get the fta channels with or without any card in!!

If your subscription has finished, has itvdigital not asked for your box back?

C

CodeComplete

Looks like you need to burn a new copy of Kev. The initial release by Mr Sporty didn't have any keys in it but since then ppl have added them in. There is one around updated with both March and April codes.

ez_livin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I tried both april and march codes by remote, even tried to start codes with 0000. still nothing, I will try fta channels without card to see if they work, would this help you help me?

D

DAVIDEVANS007

a blank screen with nothing on it usually means you have to add the latest codes for that month, does the parental lock message say enter new parental code or change parental code, if its change then you have done something wrong with the numbers ie they are the wrong ones, are you using an up to date version of a hex file, this could also be a problem, try also switchin your box off for a while at the wall to clear the memory.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Mar-02 AT 06:41 AM (GMT)]It would sound from your desscription that the hex on the card could be broken, so it probably won't matter how up to date the keys are that you enter via remote update. It will almost certainly mean a re-program.

Rolf

C

CodeComplete

You may of mashed the hex when using the wrong method to enter the codes...