PHOENIX Apollo CI+MC

Myriam35690

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000IP - 80 cm Triax motorised dish
My Location
London
Need to replace Echostar AD-3000IP which has packed up. Torn between the Phoenix Apollo CI-MC, Technomate TM1500 and the Manhattan ST500CIP (latter would save me having to buy new dish motor). Read positive feedback about the Technomate but zero about the Phoenix and little about the Manhattan. I think the Phoenix has only just come out, right? Would appreciate feedback from users out there... Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A dead Echostar 3000? Aww thats really sad.:(

Those folks who own the Technomate seem to speak very highly of them.

Myriam35690

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Yes, afraid so after 5 years of loyal service! Echostar now permanently stuck on channel 1 - no picture, menus etc. with or without connection to satellite.

ammex

Reaction score
pls help me i want to use the 3000 IR for watching hispasat can u help me this is my email

Mod edit - email address removed. Please use the forum correctly. Any non personal information should be available for all members to read.

Myriam35690

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
System is down at present so I can't help with channels etc. You need to ensure your dish west position is set far enough to capture Hispasat which is at 30 Deg West. Good luck.

the_wizzz

Slightly biased Technomate Seller
Reaction score
the technomates are so much better and more established, has more support etc...i could go on but if you do a search which you probs have done, you will find many posts praising the technos

Myriam35690

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Thanks. I did see your report on the Technomate blind search facility and the review of the TM1000 / 1500... exactly what I was after.

the_wizzz

Reaction score
got the phoenix in hand now (borrowed from my cousin!)...and it is crap! eurosat were promoting that it is the only receiver with ota key downloads for multivision and it doesn't even work! and what's more, when you enter the latest keys manually, it still doesn't work! it's just a marketing ploy!

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
Hi Myriam 35690.

Exactly the same thing has happened to my Echostar 3000ip VA last week.
Something to do with the power switching.
Turn the box on, & its just a moving dot around the display screen
Mine too is a motorised system. Also had it nearly 5 years.
I do hope I can have it repaired as long as its not too costly.

I have ordered a new Phoenix Appollo MC - 2CI. Should
arrive on Wed 28th Dec05.
You can keep your original motorised dish as there is a converter box which
the four coloured wires from the motor cable fix into in exactly the same way they would in the back of the Echostar.
I think its called a V-Box II & it converts Disqec to 36V motor .
You have to loop through from the V-Box to the Phoenix & you should
be able to select any channel on any satellite & that's it.

cheers

Myriam35690

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Took the plunge last weekend and also purchased the Apollo from my local satellite retailer, together with a V-Box II converter - did not know these existed before :-doh! . Receiver & converter both very easy to set up... have only used it to receive free to air channels so far but amazed at the number of new channels we ended up picking up on Hotbird - search seems far more comprehensive than on the old echostar. Quite like the facility whereby channels can be sorted alphabetically, by FTA or encryption mode. Thought about getting the echostar repaired but figured the costs would probably not justify it as new receivers now cost just over £100K... please keep me posted if you get your echostar fixed. Thanks

hackit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI+MC & Echostar AD3000ipVA.
My Location
United Kingdom
the_wizzz said:
got the phoenix in hand now (borrowed from my cousin!)...and it is crap! eurosat were promoting that it is the only receiver with ota key downloads for multivision and it doesn't even work! and what's more, when you enter the latest keys manually, it still doesn't work! it's just a marketing ploy!

Well considering that your the son of Parveez (the Persian gentlemen who owns Myers Audio & the Technomate brand!!) I wouldn't expect any other comment from you my dear friend!!

I see that you not only try to promote the Technomate brand on Satdudez & Toecutters but you also try to push your dads brand here too!!

You are already on a final warning at Satdudez & Toecutters for promoting your brand (without even having the courtesy of offering to be a paying Sponsor on either of those sites!!), so you try to promote your brand for free!!

Dear oh dear oh dear, when will you learn!!

Just to let you know that Taquilla has successfully auto-updated OTA (via Hotbird) on the Phoenix box (go over to Satdudez & see the many happy posts from members who now have this box!) & read their comments before you start rubbishing every other brand that is on the market except for yours!!

I'll be seeing you around the various forums my friend, until we meet again.

Bye bye for now!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, thanks for that Hackit, we've been watching the somewhat less than unbiased posts for a while, this now confirms the connection.

It is only courtesy for someone with an interest to declare it when offering comparisons of receivers, if one of them is their own product.

the_wizzz

Reaction score
hackit has nothing better to do than accuse people...he is telling the world that he thinks i am someone who i am NOT just because his products are not popular and they cannot sell without him badmouthing people. i am an ordinary customer like the 100s out there and he simply won't believe it...now he is trying to convince people on this board that i am someone who i am not! and he won't give up!

and what's more, just to get facts straight, the phoenix does not ota for taquilla as i have the box in front of me!

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
hackit said:
Just to let you know that Taquilla has successfully auto-updated OTA (via Hotbird) on the Phoenix box (go over to Satdudez & see the many happy posts from members who now have this box!) & read their comments before you start rubbishing every other brand that is on the market except for yours!!

Blimey if only I searched a little better first!..... thought the apollo was gonna wedge the door open for the next 6 months, just been over and had a look.... things look promising now :)

the_wizzz

Reaction score
sorry mate..i've edited it...slightly pissed off