Picture Freezing (GbSat)?

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I have a GbSat 2CI 0 receiver (H/W: 1.10, S/W: 1.46) and MM (1.03). I've tried both PetaCrypt 1.09 and Tetra 1.0 and I notice an occasional freezing of the picture. Is this a normal digital artefact with all receivers? Does anyone know if there is a more recent version of the receiver firmware that fixes this problem or indeed whether Pentacrypt 1.10 helps?
Any input much appreciated.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
What is your signal strength and quality ?
and what are you trying to recieve? what is your dish size and type of LNB ? it may also be due to poor or weak signal ?.

Reagrds

Old Satellite

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Just in case it's not obvious, Shaun has also posted an MM thread because of concerns about the validity of his MM. This is what Nickolai said
If I were you, I would only worry, if there were performance problems, compared to the "genuine article". Give it a go and report back your experiences.

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I should perhaps clarify that the freezes are just momentary, the channels are on Hispasat (e.g. Palco), the signal strength/quality is good and my dish is 80cm. Also, I see no such problems with the FTA Hispasat channels (such as Antena 3 or GTV).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like a decryption problem Shaun, I get the same with the freecam occasionally.

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about specific files or not, but do different files (and file combinations) work better than others for the Hispasat satellite on the GbSat receiver?