Pictures on my sony alpha 100,are overexposed,in automatic iso mode,what value to set

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i have a strange problem,with my little bit older alpha sony 100 camera first modell,bought on ebay for 200€ 1 year ago,the normal prictures are okay,but i recogneized on my holiday pictures,that pictures in direct sunlight on the beach are overrexpsoed,and the colors not so powerful,what i find a little bit strange,how this can happen,i set all the white correction,or how it called in english?
into iso automatic mode,select the right mode beach flowers etc,but it did not solved the problem,when i go into the manual mode,iam not sure,what value i have to set for the brightness itself and what sensitivy in direct sunlight!
the other reason could be that the obejective with 18.70mm is to big,and to much sunlight comes inside,that to much for the old sensor
now i order,a sund protection filter in local photostore,that maybe solve the problem,but the not get it from sony within one month,maybe someone with more knowledge in photography,can explain me,what manuall entrys,i have to set in each menu,to get optimal results,i want give up,and want to play with the camera a little bit,befor i think about to upgrading to a newer modell!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Sun protection filter will make it worse. The problem you have is called lens flare. At its worst it is like the picture is taken through fog. It completely kills colour and contrast. You need to make sure that the front lens element does not have any direct sunlight on it even if the sun is not in the frame. A big lens hood is good for this but you are using a zoom lens so that will always be a compromise. It's best to use a prime lens (not a zoom) and a matched lens hood for maximum shielding. Also, although not quite as bad, try to avoid having open sky illuminating the front lens element too. And... try to avoid taking photos in the middle of the day, wait until the sun has almost set and the colours will really come out.