bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
hi talking to a customer on sat .talking about sky in pubs and clubs and he said if there is not a pint glass in the corner of the screen they are not paying commercial rates .now not getting down the pub much i wondered if he had one to many .as i have never seen it any where.but if its true i would like to know many thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It's true, or it was a few years ago, S*y got fed up of pubs getting a home set up and running a feed to the pub, so some time ago they put a small pint glass symbol on the bottom corner of the screen.
Now if a S*y representative pops into a pub he can tell instantly if it's a commercial set up.
The prices they charge pubs, and clubs, is extortion, but most pay it, a few went for ART set ups, but now ART have lost the rights I suppose they'll either have to invest in bigger dishes or go for DigitAlb.

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
think its charged on the rateble value ie as much as 10k a year.can u get all the prem on digitalb and is it legal. well as far as sky is concerned

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Won't get into that here, as there are legal proceedings under way and it has been discussed/argued on many previous occasions, so we need to wait and see some results.

Will dig out the thread links and add them to this post.

doncoolman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
95dish, satcatcher diseqc motor, Voyager3 rx, cams etc
My Location
lancashire
Some biig clubs can be up to UK£ 20K according to the ratesheet!
The best rumour from the Northwest is that the Nove package, much more expensive, is more legal than Digialb, as its from an EU country.