Pitcure jump

keith.burgess

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest SL 65
My Location
Norfolk UK
Hi all I am a newbie just got a silvercrest SL 65 with a sat finder. I have set it up and it work great BUT the picture it like it is missing a frame or two, when someting move fast across the screen it like jumping. I set the dish up as said in the operating manual on ASTRA 28E could this be the dish still out of alignment.....Hope sombody can help ....Keith

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well this does not appear to have anything to do with site access or membership problems, so have moved it to a relevant section. Please be mindful of where you post.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
keith.burgess said:
Hi all I am a newbie just got a silvercrest SL 65 with a sat finder. I have set it up and it work great BUT the picture it like it is missing a frame or two, when someting move fast across the screen it like jumping. I set the dish up as said in the operating manual on ASTRA 28E could this be the dish still out of alignment.....Hope sombody can help ....Keith

The problem you have appears to be that you have insufficient signal quality.

This could be caused by a number of things.

Dish not aligned well enough, or view of satellite blocked by obstruction. You need a clear view of the sat for the whole dish.

Cable too long, connectors not put on properly, or the wrong type of cable or not connected properly.

Dodgy receiver or LNB. (less likely since they're new, but possible).
Try the obvious first.

Can you try your receiver on a known working already set up dish?

keith.burgess

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest SL 65
My Location
Norfolk UK
Hi thank you for your reply, one thing i forgot to say is the dish is the perforated type that i used to use on a pace analog setup a few years ago. Would it be better to use a solid dish.....Thanks again ..Keith

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, I believe that the dish perforations make no real difference, as the micrwaves can't get through them.

However your LNB may not be suitable as it was for an analogue system. You need to a Universal type. You can buy a new 40mm fixing type 0.2dB noise figure for between £10-£15. Check the fitting on your dish.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
and you need to tilt the dish further down as astra2 is lower down than astra 1 which your dish was previous aligned to

and replace the lnb if its not a universal one