Placing a prime focus and off set dish on seperate polar mounts

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fixed,polar mount and C band dish.
My Location
south africa
As per subject i assume the latitude of my site,lnb at zero and tilt setting will be the same for both dishes.
In the case of the off set dish will the dish angle remain the same as that of the prime focus dish.If not how do i adjust that angle and can it be calculated.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Do you mean its vertical angle? If so then definitely not - think about it - a prime focus is pointed directly at the satellite whereas an offset dish relies on reflection of the signal to the lnb which with an offset dish the dish appears to be aimed some 20 to 30 degrees below the satellite (depending on your latitude)

wium78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fixed,polar mount and C band dish.
My Location
south africa
Thanks for the reply.What is the answer to this problem as i believe it is possible.May be adjusting the latitude angle?

A

archive10

The inclination for the two will be the same.
That's angle between vertical and the swivel-axis, around which the dishes rotate when following the arc.
The declination (roughly angle between swivel and dish back) will differ - the offset dish will add something in the region of 23 degrees to the inclination angle.
This will allow members such as @Pipedream to swap offset CM180 reflector for CM180 PM reflector without changing inclination - the arc following is the same.
Best dish for C-Band