Plain from key...

ivnmad

Reaction score
How do I get a plain key from a key?
I was playing with my receiver and I noticed that I can update the keys using my remote control, but I can only enter plain keys, while only keys are available on the net.

Thank you.. I'Mad

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
What do you mean by PLAIN KEY ?

Keys come in two formats, HEX and DEC

That is a letter and one number ,,like this 1G.

And a 3 number kind ,, like this 045

If you go here and download a Mach 1 file, in the MR keys folder you will fine both, also they both mean the same thing. Some receivers use the 2 digit kind and some use the 3 digit kind. http://toecuttersden.com/

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
... or do you mean a plain key from an encrypted key?

ivnmad

Reaction score
My receiver tells that I should enter the key type (08, 0A, etc.) + plainkey in Dec.

~~~ Please don't even post example keys ~~~

I know how to transform it in a DEC format, but I do not have enough values and my receiver asks me to enter more. Maybe I should also enter the 00 before the 08, but I am not sure that would work (I have not tried that yet).

That's why I thought I should enter plainkeys, because of what the receiver says and because they are usually longer than the normal keys.

Thanks,

I'Mad

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sorry, I can't really help you more than Razor has indicated. Keys are simply a long number, represented either in decimal or hexadecimal. Subsequent formatting for entry into any given receiver may require you to insert leading zeroes (very unlikely) or split the number up into blocks by inserting spaces or some other character.

As you say, the key has a 'type' or prefix of 1 byte (two digits) hexadecimal, and the rest of the key it is clearly asking for in decimal, so if you have it in hex, you must convert it.

Check any text key files (like a s*ftcam.key file) for actual keys and lengths etc.
Perhaps if you tell us what receiver you have, then somebody can help you more.

ivnmad

Reaction score
Nokia 9650s with an Irdeto 4.7 Allcam..

Thank you for you help,

I'Mad

ivnmad

Reaction score
Choes_76 said:
Satco Dx Code :
~~~ NO CODES PLEASE ~~~
VALID UNTIL MARCH 2005
I am sorry, but I do not understand your reply...

I'Mad