Planning permission in UK

N

nephilim

Hello

I am in SW England and currently have a Sky Minidish pointing at 28.2 for Sky Digi, and a temporary ground mounted dish pointing at 19.2 for Astra 1 and Hotbird when I manually repoint the dish.
I am looking at getting the dish mounted with a motor up on the roof somewhere, but need to know what the exact rules are as I dont want to shell out for a motor and installation to have it ordered down by the council.
Is there a limit on only 1 dish per household, and if so what size dish can be put up without needing permission.

Any advice would be great.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Right, as far as I can remember, in general terms in England (some regions may have slight amendments to this)

One dish only, consent required for more (most people ignore this)

Maximum size 90cm

Maximum height, the top of the dish must not be higher than the highest part of the roof excluding the chimney

Maximum height of dish smaller than 45cm (I think) not higher than the highest point of the building including chimney.

Not sure how the rules affect garden mounted dishes.

Rolf

A

asimov

Hi fellas

You will find that the max size dish anywhere on the premises is 90cm. Special rules apply to listed buildings and conservation areas which usually means no satellite installation at all.

Some Local Authorities are stricter than others.

asimov