chris

chris

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
After a week of playing here are the first pictures of my new plasma and XC Cube windows media centre PC.

The XC Cube is an amazing bit of kit and i'd like to thanks Richard from Evolution PCs for all his help :)

The PC does everything Sky+ does and lots more .... pause live TV, record direct to the hard drive, I have a 200 GB hard drive and it will allow me 65 hours of recording!!! Napster for windows media centre is also superb.

Attachments

Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Looks very nice Chris tasty piece of kit:cool:

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Indeed Chris, the XC Cube looks a nice compact machine. Is it quiet running?

Llew

chris

chris

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
It runs silent, not sure how it stays cool.... But i'm sure i've seen somewhere where some of the new media centre pc's are water cooled !!!

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
LOL, great though to have everything nice and tidy in one box. Sphaghetti Junction here :D

Llew

R

RichardW1975

My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB-709-FTA
Sky Analogue STB
Sky digital
My Location
Norfolk
Glad to see you've got it all together and you're happy with it Chris, Hadn't seen the new Napster interface before thats very nice.

I particularly like whatever you're watching on the tv scrolls across the vfd display on the front myself :)

chris

chris

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
The scrolling news channels like Sky News, Sky sports news, BBC News 24 and Bloomberg do look good on the Plasma screens. Was working in a pub yesterday ( Tough job but somebody's got to do it :D ) and the barmaid was saying that punters don't want large screen projection TV's anymore they now want Plasma TV's for watching the footie on and they had just spent over 3 grand on 3 new plasmas before the start of next session.

The picture quality on my Plasma is amazing but i still think i can improve it even more by using a SCART - 15 PIN HD MALE RGB like this one to connect the Plasma to the windows media centre PC, but from what read on other forums there is a risk of the Plasma blowing up in a cloud of smoke which wouldn't be good :(

Attachments