players diving

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
it was interesting to hear and see the thoughts o match of the day about diving in the chealsea game last night , i know that theiss a lot of diving in footie at the mintue , but its been happening for a while now , i am toon fan and were second best all night long got nothing to complain a bout .

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is a part of the game which I detest, I believe that anyone caught diving, even after the match by video, should be banned for a game, second offence 2 games. That might stop it, can't see too many managers putting up with constantly losing players for one or two matches..

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
it will be very interesting to see if they can comprehend this , may be start at world cup levell this summer instead of brining in rules about strectchers or some other silly rules . their are certain players that constantly dive week in week out , but get away with this its just the norm and even though i hate it , sadly you tend to get use to it , unfortunatley.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I thought Del Horno just slipped to be honest. I thought the same with SWP too until I watched the replay. I guess they're just too good at it these days...

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
I am embarrased by some of the play acting by United players..... ie Ronaldo and worse still Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

i dont know why they act to get a free kick.... cos when they get em, they are useless!!!

i agree they should start dishing cards out for divers...

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I agree with rolf, any player caught diving on video after the match should get an instant 2 match ban. It can change the shape of the game and is a form of extreme cheating.:mad: Rant over.:p Of course, now if Bolton dived that would be a different matter:rolleyes:

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
rollf , yes i agree , del horno , was nt that bad , wright philips well you can be caught off balance whilst at full speed - at the end of the day it was late on in the game and the toon were never going to score and were second best all night long , lack of quality , p s though DROGBA , should be at the comonwealthgames , with his trunks on lol

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
llss said:
rollf , yes i agree , del horno , was nt that bad , wright philips well you can be caught off balance whilst at full speed - at the end of the day it was late on in the game and the toon were never going to score and were second best all night long , lack of quality , p s though DROGBA , should be at the comonwealthgames , with his trunks on lol

Yes, Drogba did a nice one, he got 10 points for style and difficulty. It was a classic 90 degree turn, hands moving the opposite direction and the tricky thing was the double head movement which was in a different direction and frequency than the rest!

I must admit, I thought Ronaldo was prone to that in the begining of his time in Manchester, but it looks to me that someone told him to stop it as he does not go down that much anymore even though he is still fouled all the time.

I would go for the Video replay and hand out one game bans when it is a clear cut case of cheating. If it is not clear the player should get a warning (similar to a yellow card). 2 warnings = out for a game.

But, knowing the powers who rule football this is never going to happen...

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
Could not aggree more diving is buggering up the game. Video footage and then suspension as suggested. Chelsea should take up water sports. I felt really sorry for Allan Shearer He has given all with not much silverware to show for it. Toon are getting their game together now but it will be too late for him.[ a real pro and a great man they must be justly proud of him up there]

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
well alans newcastles greastest goalscorer of all time now , shame the could nt get a trophy or 2 aswell , but it was never going to happen for the lad , he did nt do anything wrong , it was years upon years of poor defending , will they ever learn ,start from the back,

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
llss said:
it will be very interesting to see if they can comprehend this , may be start at world cup levell this summer instead of brining in rules about strectchers or some other silly rules.

I really hate how FIFA use the biggest tournament of all, the World Cup, as a test for new rules. Some referee is bound to misinterpret someone avoiding a dangerous tackle (like Lee Bowyer did) as diving, send them off, and as a result the send off player's team lose.

Surely better to introduce this at club level first.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
yeah i know what your thinking and well right enough on past experiences .i was just thinking that if you persue and risk cheating bending the rules ,well what higger price can you pay then get your country eliminated from the worlds biggest stage . and rightly so , after all world cups do nt come round that often ,ask mr beckham i bet you he wished he could turn back the clock.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
llss said:
yeah i know what your thinking and well right enough on past experiences .i was just thinking that if you persue and risk cheating bending the rules ,well what higger price can you pay then get your country eliminated from the worlds biggest stage . and rightly so , after all world cups do nt come round that often ,ask mr beckham i bet you he wished he could turn back the clock.

Thats a fair point. I'd just hate to see a mistake made and it costing ANY country, it'd ruin the WC somewhat (yes, even if it eliminated Argentina!!!).
However, if someone did pull off a stunt like Romario (was it him, I cant remember:-ohmy ), and they got send off, well they asked for it so :p.

antantant1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky pace box
topfield 5000 with hotbird and hispa using t rex cam also art card
My Location
spain
i think only the capain should be able to go to the ref and diving is wrong u should be booked

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
yes true very true , i can remember zola getting sent off in america i think for nothing , but on the other hand , well THE HAND OF GOD say no more , but thats what makes footie the game it is today . at least the refs on the continent can judge better on the diving front , but apart from that m8 video replays is the only answer sadly.