Pleasant Surprise

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just on the off chance, I moved my 63 cm Zone II minidish round to 30 west, thinking that it would struggle to pull in 30W. Well it pulls it in very well, didn't know what I was missing. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some enlightening late night TV in the clear on 30W. Musics not too bad either, but the bullfights get on my nerves after a while

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, its a new horizon for me, even the circular polarised channels come in.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
So all you need now is autoroll Nagra card... or the patience to reprogram the card every few days...
I've been watching the palco film channels (14 of them) for a while now. Some good stuff there!
Also palco-x & xx for Howard & Shahid :D

2old

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Shahid appears to have registered on Satkey this week

Thought he had been arrested !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That's a bit defamatory CH, I heard he'd escaped. ;)

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi Rolf,

Can you please confirm your location in the Uk. I have recently moved house and my neighbour are not happy with a 1Meter dish on the roof. so I am thinking of getting a zone II minidish to get hispasat but the intstaller said this is not enough.I live in London .

Regards

Prince

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
To the west by 40 miles or so Prince, the Zone 2 will do you, but they are a bit awkward to set up on a motorised setup, the elevation adjustment has a tendency to adjust the azimuth as well. It took me a whole afternoon to get it right and that was using meters. Raven do a cracking 70cm horizontally eliptical dish which apparently performs very well.

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

Thanks Rolf.I have actually got a motorised 1m set-up, but because of the complaint from neighbour I had to move it to a more hidden location from where it is not possible to get hispasat.So I am thinking of putting up a separate fixed dish for Hispasat.

Best regards

Prince

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It should work well then Prince, but you will have to alter the preset Skew of the LNB. Being designed for 28.2 and UK use, the skew adjsutment range is set between something like 10 and 35 degrees*, you will need to cut the casing to allow for a setting of zero degrees. Then when mounting the dish, you may need to skew the mount itself, when on a polar motor this is of course done automatically.

The nice thing about these dishes is that they are quite light, therefor easy to fit.

* A guess, not sure of the exact range

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Rolf thats good news to me because idid not think that was possible.

Thats why you are the boss.

thanks.

mikeey