Please Confirm Kiosk Status?

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi Guys,

Can someone please just confirm for me that Kiosk on 1w is currently
not decoding for the software cams?

I have downloaded and applied what I believe to be the latest rsakeylist (17/12) and it is not working?

I realise that if you have a fancy shmancy card that it will work!

Thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
At present I think it's only available on the MII and maybe Penta cards. I'd hardly call the MII a fancy card, I got mine cheaper than a Titanium.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I guess I meant for the likes of me as I do not have any cards.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
zanders said:
I guess I meant for the likes of me as I do not have any cards.

Ordered one myself about an hour ago. €35 Inc P+P.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
Ordered one myself about an hour ago. €35 Inc P+P.
Yes, rsakeylist of 17.12.04 does not clear 1W. For the sake of 2 x £26 + £6PP I got two Miis and since then, 2 wks ago, I have never been without 1W for more than an hour. (1 card in dreambox and 1 in Force 1122S). Like I said elsewhere, and apologies to fundamentalists, if god had not intended us to use cards in dreambox, she wouldn't have put in those slots.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I was looking today at:
http://www.unapit.com/M2.html

It says they are genuine M2 but M11???(Enlighten me if you know anything about this please) I'm assuming they work fine, and the cost is very low only £21.50 + £2 P&P. Though not much use to me really since I dont have a CAM at the mo.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I think that they are good quality cards, but unprinted - plain white. You don't need a CAM for the Dbox, but you will obviously need a Phoenix programmer.

Please correct me if I'm talking sh!te.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
damhy said:
I was looking today at:

It says they are genuine M2 but M11???(Enlighten me if you know anything about this please) I'm assuming they work fine, and the cost is very low only £21.50 + £2 P&P. Though not much use to me really since I dont have a CAM at the mo.
On the link you give, they show the chip contact side which is just plain white. On their home page they show the other side and it looks pukka.
The price looks extremely good so the only dark thought is that they know something we don't and want to shift them all quick.
They are called M2 or M-II. You say you dont have a cam. Do you have a dreambox?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
damhy said:
I was looking today at:

For anyone interested here, a search on Companies House showed Unapit to be a genuine registered company, albeit very young (9 days).
Scammers dont usually register.
Name & Registered Office:
UNAPIT LIMITED
64 CRABTREE AVENUE
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
BN1 8DG
Company No. 05309143

Date of Incorporation: 09/12/2004
Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Private or Commercial Road BGonaStick?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
haggard said:
Sorry, don't getcha?

I read somewhere either on his website on an ebay listing by him that they are genuine but unprinted with the MII logo.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Sorry, don't getcha?

I read somewhere either on his website on an ebay listing by him that they are genuine but unprinted with the MII logo.

Sorry, BG, I thought living in Brighton you might have a street map . . . . !
On the web page, the pic shows what looks like a genuine card with M^II logo. (^ = superscript).

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
haggard said:
For anyone interested here, a search on Companies House showed Unapit to be a genuine registered company, albeit very young (9 days).
Anyone interested in unapit should refer to http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?p=159716

I was looking at his site because i have bought from him before, I stupidly sold my CAM after the joefields patch for my technomate receiver came out, thinking i wouldnt need it anymore.

However now that I dont have it, and since the M2 seems to be a worthwhile commodity, I'm just thinking of buying an XCam with the M2. Just now i have no cam or programmer, and only one fun card. So instead of getting just the M2 I'm forced to get all 3 with is more $$$s and makes the decision process longer.

I did think of getting a dreambox actually and getting rid of the technomate alltogether, but i thought(unless I'm wrong) that I'm only going to be in more or less the same position and still need a cam+m2 on top. So i'ld only gain a hard drive recorder which i doubt i would use much anyway.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
*haggard - Doh, sorry, a bit slow tonight. Pretty sure it's residential, though a bit of a 'rough' area. I am right in saying that you don't need a hardware CAM to run the MII on the DB aren't I? My understanding is that NewcamD will run it, amongst others.

*damhy - If I'm right, see above re CAM. :)

Might even put one of these on my Chrimbo list...

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
BG, so from your comments I'm assuming that you are saying that the smartcard reader in the dreambox can emulate any cam with newcamd which should mean it will work with any card with no cam??? Now I must say that does sound pretty darn good.

If thats true, then i guess that I should be thinking about which Dreambox to buy, rather than which Cam!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
damhy said:
BG, so from your comments I'm assuming that you are saying that the smartcard reader in the dreambox can emulate any cam with newcamd which should mean it will work with any card with no cam??? Now I must say that does sound pretty darn good.

If thats true, then i guess that I should be thinking about which Dreambox to buy, rather than which Cam!
Well quite, if I'm right (... oooh and a poet too!).

The reason why I'm qualifying my statement is that I believe this to be the case, but until I see it working for myself I'm hesitant to say for sure. More than one person has told me that the MII works in the cardreader slot. What I can say for sure ('cos it says in the readme) is that NewcamD V5.25 will read S1, V1, I1 (not all I1), S2, V2.x (not sure if ALL variants), I2, Crypto, C*nax, V!asat-NDeeS and Nagra 1 original cards.

The 5620 only costs the same as a couple of CAMs, and will save you upgrading hardware CAMs every 3-6 months!

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
BGonaSTICK said:
The 5620 only costs the same as a couple of CAMs, and will save you upgrading hardware CAMs every 3-6 months!
And obviously if i was going to do this, then I'ld sell my technomate as well, few more quid for the kitty. I found this retailer for the dreambox http://www.satellitecentre.co.uk/ and the 5620 is only £195inc without an HD which I thought was pretty good.

I'm so so tempted but I just dunno. Still I need to find out if this is true yet.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Well quite, if I'm right (... oooh and a poet too!).

The reason why I'm qualifying my statement is that I believe this to be the case, but until I see it working for myself I'm hesitant to say for sure. More than one person has told me that the MII works in the cardreader slot. What I can say for sure ('cos it says in the readme) is that NewcamD V5.25 will read S1, V1, I1 (not all I1), S2, V2.x (not sure if ALL variants), I2, Crypto, C*nax, V!asat-NDeeS and Nagra 1 original cards.

The M-II works in the lower card slot with newcamd running on HydraZeus. Im sure it runs with that s-cam on any image.
My routine is:
1. Update soft keys on DB as soon available. Newcamd uses them first.
2. As soon as 1W goes black I get M-II card and programmer ready.
3. Get new M-II and run it on M-II card. Insert. Back on within hour.
4. Go to 1.
Ive not missed much in 3 wks.

Also M-II works with embedded soft cam on my Force 1122S so I have 2 games at 3 pm.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
*haggard - thanks for confirming.

*damhy - the 5620 won't take a disk. You can get them for under £150, and even cheaper from Germany. A few of us bought Dreamboxes from HM-sat.de with no probs. They're selling the 5620S for 179 Euros, and the 7000S (without optional HDD) for 355 Euros.

Slightly weak tuner, but one hell of a box.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
Name & Registered Office:
UNAPIT LIMITED
64 CRABTREE AVENUE
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
BN1 8DG
Company No. 05309143

Date of Incorporation: 09/12/2004
Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Thats where i ordered my one from. Let ya know how i get on with them.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
got my one here... quick delivery too

h**p://www.sat-world.de/cgi-bin/satworld.storefront/41c694a600f57db2273f52a51ade0723/Product/View/10004160