Please explain Sat K*ys, sat files, cams files

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
I am thinking about buying a receiver and motorised dish and wondered if anyone could advise me. A friend of mine has a Fortec receiver (motorised) but he knows very little about it. He says, " it has 2 cam slots (unused) as it is all built in."
He says he enters codes via his remote control. Is this a patched system?
What are the alternatives, and how do they work? ie cams/cards. Which is the most flexible system to keep upto date and what are the drawbacks of them (if any). Appreciate any help. :) :-newb

mergo

Reaction score
The great option is the dreambox 7000 or 7020. With this decoder you dont need any card. You will be able to see everything by software

Regards

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
Yorks said:
I am thinking about buying a receiver and motorised dish and wondered if anyone could advise me. A friend of mine has a Fortec receiver (motorised) but he knows very little about it. He says, " it has 2 cam slots (unused) as it is all built in."
He says he enters codes via his remote control. Is this a patched system?
What are the alternatives, and how do they work? ie cams/cards. Which is the most flexible system to keep upto date and what are the drawbacks of them (if any). Appreciate any help. :) :-newb

If you use a receiver + Cam + Cas2 interface to write cam, all your means of de-encrtption are on the outside of the box, codes can be changed using the receivers remote. New versions of the cam software are written by plugging your cam into the Cas2, plugged into the USB of your computer.

If you use a receiver with built in cams you need your computer within easy reach of your receiver so you can write to it using an RS 232 cable, codes can be changed using the receivers remote.

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
Satslut said:
If you use a receiver + Cam + Cas2 interface to write cam, all your means of de-encrtption are on the outside of the box, codes can be changed using the receivers remote. New versions of the cam software are written by plugging your cam into the Cas2, plugged into the USB of your computer.

If you use a receiver with built in cams you need your computer within easy reach of your receiver so you can write to it using an RS 232 cable, codes can be changed using the receivers remote.

Thanks for your help peeps. Much appreciated.

Yorks :-newb