Please help me get satelitte in dubai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop pc, struggling to get satellite working in dubai!
My Location
Dubai, UAE
we have just moved to dubai from bournemouth (where we had Sky), i heard you could get DSTV hear via Multichoice in South Africa (where my in-laws live). i bought a reciever and card when i visited them inSA but now i am told i need a C Band smart card and i have a Ku band card. they dont sell C band cards in SA or Dubai. someone please give me some suggestions how to recieve DSTV as the local options are very poor and we cant get SKY! thank you Jonathan.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
C-band off Pas 10 at 68.5E is the only way you will get Multichoice Africa in Dubai - the other satellites transmitting it are firing at South Africa and their transmissions dont get anywhere near the Gulf! :D

Relatives in South Africa will have to provide the card.

Alternatively Theres some English programming on Arabsat 26E, and Nilesat 7W

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Analoguesat said:
C-band off Pas 10 at 68.5E is the only way you will get Multichoice Africa in Dubai - the other satellites transmitting it are firing at South Africa and their transmissions dont get anywhere near the Gulf! :D

Relatives in South Africa will have to provide the card.

Alternatively Theres some English programming on Arabsat 26E, and Nilesat 7W

thank you, yes thats what i had heard, trouble is C band cards and accounts are now unavailable in SA, any clues on how to get round that hurdle? local sat carries little sport and no rugby! cheers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No idea - you are on your own with this one.

vicarage

CEO & Director
Reaction score
Website
www.tlddirect.com
My Satellite Setup
Technosat 6000Plus
UAE based, dish towards Nilesat, hotbird, Arabsat.

PC with ADSL 1MB line
My Location
Dubai
visit the Naif road area on sat. in the am before 12. Try during Ramadan to avoid the managers. Cards do exist but the LNB and dish size will need to be replaced if your current one is not suitable. You can get Multichoice but its a hassle. You will need to ask politely and carefully at the shops and you may get lucky.

Cards here are regged so make sure you get a subscription card paid yearly.

Alternative, grad yourself a Technosat 6000plus reciever for AED400 and patch it at www.dsrsoftware.com and watch some good stuff off hotbird. Other alternative but payable, is get a subscription with Orbit or Showtime. Equally crap but what choice do u have in dubai

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dubai, UAE
thanks,

did not see posting in time to go this sat, will it be open during week too or must it be sat?

hotbird sounds interesting too. may need some more info on that in time if i can get the multichoice up and running. can you get sports programmes etc on hotbird?

thanks for your help

Jonathan

vicarage said:
visit the Naif road area on sat. in the am before 12. Try during Ramadan to avoid the managers. Cards do exist but the LNB and dish size will need to be replaced if your current one is not suitable. You can get Multichoice but its a hassle. You will need to ask politely and carefully at the shops and you may get lucky.

Cards here are regged so make sure you get a subscription card paid yearly.

Alternative, grad yourself a Technosat 6000plus reciever for AED400 and patch it at www.dsrsoftware.com and watch some good stuff off hotbird. Other alternative but payable, is get a subscription with Orbit or Showtime. Equally crap but what choice do u have in dubai

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hotbird top sat, have a look at what is on it at King of Sat
http://www.kingofsat.net/en/
And then select Hotbird and see what's on, and yes there are sports programs. :)

vicarage

CEO & Director
Reaction score
Website
www.tlddirect.com
My Satellite Setup
Technosat 6000Plus
UAE based, dish towards Nilesat, hotbird, Arabsat.

PC with ADSL 1MB line
My Location
Dubai
yes, anytime, though check ramadan timings. You can get Eurosports and few other stuff. TPS from France has an excellent package. when you are ready for this move, buzz me via IM and i can help set you up.

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Hi,
Didn't see this thread on time so I hope I'm not late in throwing in my help. You need to find a Southern Africa country that still offers Multichoice C-band cards like Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Angola maybe even Conga DR. These still have C-band crads becoz of the demand by Asian clients for C-band programs. Problem has been with KU band being cheaper for most people and the demand sor SABC channels which are not in C-band.
Your relatives in South africa can find out from Zimbabwe since it is near.