Please help - motorised system

mastermoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metronic 80cm dish
hotbird
My Location
uk
Please help - I have wasted my weekend (sat and sunday!!) trying to install a motorised dish, but still no luck:mad: .

I have followed longstockings great guide, but only able to receive astra 1 @19.2E, all the other satellites e.g. hotbird and astra 2 @28.2E have very weak signals (about 6% - red!!).

I am based in London (Lat: 51:28:47N (51.4796) Lon: 0:02:24W (-0.0399)). Dish elevation set to 22. I have a 80cm dish, twin ouput LNB, Techomate 1000D receiver and Technomate DiSEqC 1.2 Motor. Also, I have a tree maybe blocking my signals, but this does not stop me receiving single satellites e.g. astra 1, 2 or hotbird (fixed installation without a motor!).

I tried looking for Thor 1W, by using goto Thor and then adjusting for best reception using meter - but no luck.
I then reset the motor to reference 0, then looked for the best reception using the meter. I then found that I had good signal for astra 19.2, used goto 19.2, had to adjust east/west for good signal and was able to scan all channels. However, I can't get any signals for all the other satellites (level is 95% and quality about 6-7% except astra 1 - 72%!).:confused

Please tell me what I am doing wrong, I have a s shaped poled (the pole is level where the motor fits - I checked using spirit level!).

Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you set for goto 19.2, what did the dial on the motor read? If you were able to move the whole assembly around to 19.2 when it was set to "0" and all you needed to do was a little E/W adjustment, then the dish declination is too low, I'm assuming that you have set the motor body with your correct latitude.

mastermoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metronic 80cm dish
hotbird
My Location
uk
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it tonight after work if it's not too cold !! I will check the motor reading as well, and should the motor read 19.2-(-0.0399)= 19.2399E ?? if not what would I need to do?
Also, when I increase the dish elevation (from 22.5 to maybe 25, 26?), do I need to put the motor back to reference 0 ??. Sorry about all the silly questions. Thanks again!