Please help.. MR internal emulation doesn't work

petchletch

Reaction score
Please could someone tell me if I have somehow switched off the internal emulation of my MR(Axas2) cam?
I can only descrambe some channels on hotbird when I put in my funcard5 e.g. BBC Prime.

I have checked the CAS keys for e.g Eurosport 13deg and reprogrammed them.
Using the good advice in your other forum post about initial setup of a CAM I have redone everything but nothing changed.

When I did the initial setup for the very 1st time - I had the funcard5 in the MR CAM (because I'm a newcomer and didn't read enough forum topics before I went ahead... ooops.)

I'm running a technomate 5000Cip - really great once you get round the menu system.

Thanks

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well for a start to program or update the MR you should need to use 3 x fun5 or 2x fun6!

petchletch

Reaction score
waverider... thanks forto helping us out on this one.

When I got the Axas2 CAM it was pre-loaded with MR 1.055. Do you mean I need to reload the software again? I have a dreamloader programmer but have not had the bottle to try it yet as I am getting some channels already and my wife would kinda kill me if she suddenly cannot get BBC Prime here in Spain 'cos I cock it up - I have downloaded v1.07t by Xamuh.

Could you please just clarify for me that when I view the MR CAS key code for Eurosport using the Technomate setup viewer and it matches the CAS codes on the web it does not neccessarily mean the MR Emulation can decode it?

Or have I really got hold of the wrong end of the stick here.

I also have a multiprogrammer for the funcard5 but need to view some more info on how to load it up.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I thought by your first post that you had a MR!...but then if you are using MR software then it should be ok, it may be best to load the MR 1.06 upd files from the MR website (www.matrixcam.com)....also it is worth mentioning that some channels can be viewed by using a fun card inserted in the cam programmed with fun files, i.e. Ticket 5'E

petchletch

Reaction score
OK - Well I have just programmed a funcard 5 (Galaxy3) I tried all sorts of hex files from different downloads and the card failed to work until I used Atmega mickey4in1V44.hex by Digitalus. Inserted the card and I just got back the BB* Pri*e but still no Eurosp*rt. At one point I turned it into a Conax card! I take it I will have to upgrade the CAM then - v1.07 is out now - do you know if anybody has tried it yet?

B.T.W How come I can get Eurosp*rt decoded on Astra but not Hotbird?

Thanks for clearing this for me, it's beginning to make more sense now.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Personally I would stick to MR softfware from the MR website m8....but you could try L53 files on a fun 6 inserted into the MR cam, this does clear some channels that cannot be cleared using the MR on it's own!....the best thing now is using a titanium card with MR

petchletch

Reaction score
Thats great waverider - thanks for the help, it's cleared everything up. I'm going to try a Titanium card to test stuff out and if it doesn't turn out OK at least it's good experience.
I'm trying to get my skill set up so I can help other Brits in Spain.

Looks like this hobby is going to turn out like all other hobbies - expensive and time consuming. Now I can program a funcard I'm going to get a motorised dish to see what else is out there and then practise reprogramming my CAS. So I'll probably be trawling through more forums. Great learning curve though - hopefully one day I can help others!

Thanks again
Rgds

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
petchletch said:
Thats great waverider - thanks for the help, it's cleared everything up. I'm going to try a Titanium card to test stuff out and if it doesn't turn out OK at least it's good experience.
I'm trying to get my skill set up so I can help other Brits in Spain.

Looks like this hobby is going to turn out like all other hobbies - expensive and time consuming. Now I can program a funcard I'm going to get a motorised dish to see what else is out there and then practise reprogramming my CAS. So I'll probably be trawling through more forums. Great learning curve though - hopefully one day I can help others!

Thanks again
Rgds

Like everything it is reading, learning and trial and error!...but it doesn't have to be expensive, But it is time consuming when things don't go right!...Personally I would get things right first with what you have before taking the titanium route as that is another quest!

petchletch

Reaction score
waverider said:
Like everything it is reading, learning and trial and error!...but it doesn't have to be expensive, But it is time consuming when things don't go right!...Personally I would get things right first with what you have before taking the titanium route as that is another quest!
M8 u r so right. Now my AXAS2 CAM and Funcard5 have been running for several weeks I am starting to decode more and more channels automatically - still running mr1.055. Still no Eurosport on 13deg East. Loads of film channels(french with language covert to English) though.

So I'm going to practise loading the CAM with dreamload software or and toecutters mr1.07. See what I break. What do you think of CLaNZeRS software for loading CAM's? Also gonna try your suggestion "try L53 files on a fun 6 inserted into the MR cam" (what r L53 files)?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
You will find the latest L53 files regular on Laurals m8.....and unlike a lot of files I have tried L53 clears Ticket on 5'E....which I believe is now showing Platinum Spice :D