Please help

ahrod

Reaction score
Hi friends

I am having a Mediastar Magic Foxplus CX embedded receiver. Please help to get the new software for TPS and the method to upload the software like type of cable and the procedure to upload.

With warms regards,

ahrod

Anandkm

Reaction score
ahrod said:
Hi friends

I am having a Mediastar Magic Foxplus CX embedded receiver. Please help to get the new software for TPS and the method to upload the software like type of cable and the procedure to upload.

With warms regards,

ahrod

Dear ahrod,

try http://p321.com/upload/ for the latest firmware.

to upgrade the firmware do the following steps:

1. Get a null modem (cross over) cable (9 pins - both ends female)
(I dont know which country u r now - try the electronic shops they probably will sell u the cable otherwise u will have to make one)

for making a null modem cable use this link http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/nulmodem.htm

2. download the latest firmware from the site mentioned above and unzip the files. (it will contain the firmware and a simple upload executable program)

3.. connect 1 end of the cable to your pc/laptop (when u have unzipped the firmware update) and other end to the comm port in the receiver.

4. boot up your pc (make sure your receiver is switched off and unplug all the sat cables)

5. switch on the receiver

6. run the simple upload executable program

7. select the correct comm port (trial and error)

8. press START - after a few seconds a message will appear "waiting for bobb" - press OK

9. look at the display of the receiver - it will boot then the upload should start 1-100

10. after the upload is successfully complete switch off the receiver

your receiver should now run with the updated firmware.

NOTE - U WILL PROBABLY LOSE ALL YOUR SATELLITE SETTINGS AND WILL HAVE TO REPROGRAM THEM AGAIN.

Best of luck,